Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did someone steal the cap off your brake reservoir? Or is that a failed part?
It just flew away at 100km/h, less than 3km leaving my garrage. Probably was not properly tightened at the shop who fitted it, the bike was at its first trip after a major upgrade job.

And a Bonus upon returning from the shop: the QS doesn’t work downshifting unless the engine is in very low revs, below 2500 or even lower. Any idea why? Are there any threads here already addressing this issue?

The bike is a 2020 new purchase, now with 9000km on the clock.

Also the rear electronic suspension system malfunctioned in November last year and was swapped for free by Ducati as covered by warranty.

Nevertheless, the bike is an absolute joy with extreme torque, now even more having the Termi System and the 14/42 sprocket mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
My QS is being weird on downshifts too - it’s enabled, I can see up/down on the dash, but needs more mash than I’m willing to give for the down, then yeah seems to work at low rpm. Upshifts are fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have not - I assumed the shop would do it as part of changing the sprockets/chain. I’ll be paying them a visit in another 150 miles and will bring it up then unless I feel industrious between now & then and decide to do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its dead easy, select the option on your dashboard and go for a ride. Everything takes care of itself.

I thought my quickshifter was faulty and this sorted it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for that, I’ll be installing cameras and navi this weekend and I’ll need to take a test ride or three, so I’ll give it a shot then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its dead easy, select the option on your dashboard and go for a ride. Everything takes care of itself.

I thought my quickshifter was faulty and this sorted it.
Can you please be more specific on that? Is there a way to calibrate the QS? Thanks for the help here!

·
Registered
867 Posts
My QS is being weird on downshifts too - it’s enabled, I can see up/down on the dash, but needs more mash than I’m willing to give for the down, then yeah seems to work at low rpm. Upshifts are fine.
My new 950S is not very nice on clutchless down shifts, sometimes just get a neutral, it needs to be in very low revs to work. Im not overly concerned as i don't generally use it, but out on the road with 2 other 950s i asked if they use theres, they said some times, so i tried mine and not so good. my ex 790 and my 1290R work brilliantly. Upshifts work seamlessly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine was working brilliantly before, pretty sure that was until I had the new chain & sprockets installed (with 42T rear), so calibration should fix it I think.

Obligatory pic for the thread.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you please be more specific on that? Is there a way to calibrate the QS? Thanks for the help here!

Assuming you have a 1260, go into the menu on your instrument panel, go to calibration. The bike will then tell you to ride off and maintain a speed of (I think) 34mph. You’ll need a clear road that is fairly long. The whole process takes about 10 secs.

And if @Gimmethecash is throwing pictures about, so am I!

·
Registered
867 Posts
500kms of back roads last saturday. Mid stop for a beer and a toasted samwhich.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Desperate for a ride in Southern Oregon, USA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is what happens when you ride your Multistrada in the snow and tuck the front end at 5 mph. The plastic below the seat crushes your ankle.

·
Registered
867 Posts
^^^ Ouch Jimboe. Had a matching ankle myself, broken ankle, broken wrist, and bruising from head to toe on my right side after a fast low side while chasing a mate on an up hill corner, rear let go at over 120kph.

Reactions: jimboe

·
Registered
9 Posts
DaveNZ,
I clicked on the "Like" button hoping there would be more options than just a thumbs up, but there wasn't.
I didn't mean thumbs up to getting hurt, rather for recovering to ride again.
I bet the Shooting Star is fun to ride.

Jim

2461 - 2480 of 2482 Posts