Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2361 - 2379 of 2379 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts

Been sitting since 2015 when I bought it. Now, with new tyres, remover alarm, new battery, belts, spark plugs, oil & filter she's is ready for new adventures. And although she's the Ugly duckling of the Ducati family, I think she's beautiful! 14 year old design... still going strong! And the 2v sound is great, better than my previous Multi 1200s... but half the power on top ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 Grand tour with top case View attachment 982191
Very nice. Waiting for one myself, just ordered it.

Hows the exhaust sound, does is have silencers that can be removed or did you consider to add the race Termignoni on it?

That’s my main concern, I’ll be using it through the city also and it does help to safety having a loud exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's the 1260S with touring package. Exhaust sounds ok, though I just order a Termi slip-on for it. I'm not going to go full (right now) as I'm not sure I want to be that guy in the neighborhood again lol. There are a few Cat delete pipes available (GPR isn't crazy expensive) but I'm going to hold off for a bit before I go that route and see if I'm happy with just the slip on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to me and first Ducati, 2016 Enduro. Love this bike!

Did vinyl wrap to tank cover and headlight cover. “Enduro” decals, but it think they might be a little too big, might go smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Road trip through Utah last weekend with a 2014, 2018 and my 2017. From Phoenix to Zion, then across highway 12 to Blanding, then a day around Moab. Awesome 1300 miles!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
View attachment 984144

Been sitting since 2015 when I bought it. Now, with new tyres, remover alarm, new battery, belts, spark plugs, oil & filter she's is ready for new adventures. And although she's the Ugly duckling of the Ducati family, I think she's beautiful! 14 year old design... still going strong! And the 2v sound is great, better than my previous Multi 1200s... but half the power on top ;-)
The bike above broke down, bad rod bearing... My dealer said that the best thing a could do it to remove the engine and let them rebuild it. Cost about $1000-$1500... the day after he rung and said that a MTS 05 was on it's way in and I could buy it if I wanted to. I bought it - with Termi complete system and remapped ecu. 26000km. I paid just $3200! I runs soo damn nice and feel like a different bike compared to my previous 2 MTS1000! So a sad story turned out to be one of my best deals ever.

Btw, don't let your bike sit with bad oil.. this can cause corrosion on the bearings.. possibly what caused my engine to break down.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
It's the 1260S with touring package. Exhaust sounds ok, though I just order a Termi slip-on for it. I'm not going to go full (right now) as I'm not sure I want to be that guy in the neighborhood again lol. There are a few Cat delete pipes available (GPR isn't crazy expensive) but I'm going to hold off for a bit before I go that route and see if I'm happy with just the slip on.
Don't do it. Keep the silencer box firmly attached. That's what is actually modulating the DBs. I'm trying to revert to OEM but may end up buying new soon (V4!)

Even tracks have noise limits and most of us are riding for fun, commuting, or hooning. No need to call extra attention to ourselves and annoy everyone within 100yds.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 1200 DVT w/ cat delete and an arrow indy isn't annoyingly loud at all, once it goes off high idle... when it IS on high idle though, OMFG it's loud.

2361 - 2379 of 2379 Posts