Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Multistrada Touring S came with a small, I believe aluminu, gauge to assist in adjusting the chain. Mine has come up missing. I’m trying to obtain a new one. Does anyone know a source? The dealer to whom I spoke did not have a clue. Thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 2014 Multistrada Touring S came with a small, I believe aluminu, gauge to assist in adjusting the chain. Mine has come up missing. I’m trying to obtain a new one. Does anyone know a source? The dealer to whom I spoke did not have a clue. Thank you.
Ducati Omaha has them for sale $6.00

·
Registered
319 Posts
69710352A - GAUGE CHAIN TENSION

Its easier when searching for just about anything anywhere to use part numbers.
Which is good to know, now that someone (thanks!) has posted the part number... Like [email protected], I looked through the fiches and couldn't find the part number either.
I'm going to see if I can get my dealer to give me one since it should have come with the bike when I bought it (new).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Which is good to know, now that someone (thanks!) has posted the part number... Like [email protected], I looked through the fiches and couldn't find the part number either.
I'm going to see if I can get my dealer to give me one since it should have come with the bike when I bought it (new).
Same here, my bike did not come with the gauge.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Measure the gauge when you get it and compare what you get with the actual recommended figures in the manual. I bought a gauge and the notch isn't where the manual figures say it should be. Either mine wasn't quite bent to tolerance, or there's only one gauge, relevant to the years they provided it, and the newer models don't use the same distances.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did mine from old credit card - looks good, lower weight, same shape.
10 mins of work)

·
Registered
447 Posts
What I’ve done is cut a small segment of ziptie to the max deflection length, then marked the minimum deflection with a sharpie. I keep in in my jacket pocket, and if I lose it, well, I can make another in about 30 seconds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts