Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First time poster here.

I've got a 2019 Multistrada 1260S, and I'd like to upgrade to stiffer front springs. Does anyone have a link to an off the shelf spring?

I've been told racetech can custom build some springs, but I need the spring length, diameter, and rate to order. Does anyone by chance have those dimensions? The skyhook spring part numbers are the same, all the way back to the 2013 skyhook first gen. Part number 34913841a.

TIA

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Hi All,

First time poster here.

I've got a 2019 Multistrada 1260S, and I'd like to upgrade to stiffer front springs. Does anyone have a link to an off the shelf spring?

I've been told racetech can custom build some springs, but I need the spring length, diameter, and rate to order. Does anyone by chance have those dimensions? The skyhook spring part numbers are the same, all the way back to the 2013 skyhook first gen. Part number 34913841a.

TIA
How much do you weigh and what kind of riding are you doing?

Generally, MTS is not undersprung in the front. The rear Sachs? Yea, Houston we have a problem.

Please also describe the riding conditions you find the front spring rate inadequate.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Been riding trackdays, , 2016 MTS PP. Been adjusting preload (front) and finally could not add anymore. I'm 190#, B+ pace and Dave Moss said I needed stiffer spring, because I was bottoming out consistently. Also a thicker oil?
If you do aggressive riding, you'll need stiffer spring. You can always dial it back for fast cruising

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 210 lbs w/o gear, and use my bike for work and commuting, so there's usually 10-15 lbs of stuff in the top case.

The preload is set to 100% and suspension settings hardest. In regular riding, I'm using 100% of the fork travel, and under heavy braking completely bottoming out the fork and pulling stoppies.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There are no aftermarket spring options available for the Skyhook equiped Multistradas. Even if you were able to fit a stiffer spring, keep in mind that this isn't just an electronically adjustable suspension, it's semi-active. Would changing the spring alter it's ability to manage settings based upon road conditions?

Most suspension experts say you need to re-valve if you significantly change spring rates, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts