Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Recently got my 1260 and I noticed that it pulls to the left when I release the handlebars, on any road, lower or higher speed....? Someone got the same feeling..?
Grtzz

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Something wrong with the bike setup... take it back to the dealer and have them sort it. SSSA (assuming it is since you didn't say Enduro) bikes shouldn't have rear wheel alignment issues so it's something else... maybe front fork setup.

Either that or the frame is bent... hopefully that's not the problem.

Reactions: Ducmulti1200

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,
Recently got my 1260 and I noticed that it pulls to the left when I release the handlebars, on any road, lower or higher speed....? Someone got the same feeling..?
Grtzz
My 2015 mts does the same... I have to shift and lean all my weight to right to keep it going straight hands off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Definitely not normal... I can ride hands off with cruise on for as long as I want with no issues steering by leaning from a neutral posture... unless it's windy.

Reactions: tzoykas and hingisp

·
Registered
259 Posts
Definitely not normal... I can ride hands off with cruise on for as long as I want with no issues steering by leaning from a neutral posture... unless it's windy.
Same here...

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
If you don’t follow the proper installation sequence for the front wheel, you can incorrectly align the front axle in the forks which will cause handling oddities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 2015 mts does the same... I have to shift and lean all my weight to right to keep it going straight hands off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The hole front of my 2015 was crooked, headlight, fairing, dashboard, fuel tank .... it was the base plate at front of the frame that was welded crooked , where the light and everything else is mounted on... Lots of 2015, 16.. aren't perfectly straight at front...

·
Registered
304 Posts
There is no guarantee a bike will go straight without constant handlebar input. Many will tell you there's something wrong with your bike but if it tracks well with your hands on the bars then it's likely just fine

·
Registered
42 Posts
+1 my 2015 does a lot of hwy miles with cruise set and hands off the bars.

I will say about ten years ago I had a 2009 DRZ400 Supermoto that would not track straight. I tried everything to fix it but never did. Was only a problem at interstate speeds and obviously it was not the best bike for that to begin with.

At the time everyone told me it was a normal thing. But I have kept multiple bikes at a time since the early 90’s and that is the one bike that did not track straight.

·
Registered
431 Posts
even if not an "actual" issue, it would be extremely annoying to have a bike that did not track straight. Also, on my Tuono, the cruise control is extremely sensitive to throttle input... if I had to keep a hand on the handlebar, it would shut off w/in a few seconds on less than perfect road surfaces.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is no guarantee a bike will go straight without constant handlebar input. Many will tell you there's something wrong with your bike but if it tracks well with your hands on the bars then it's likely just fine
Sorry @Tamworth , I can't agree with that ! I had over 25 bikes in 20years and all of them drove straight on, even the one's that I rebuild/build myself... ! Specially for a bike that cost +20k and 158bhp, i would like it to run straight...!!

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I agree... I've not owned as many bikes but I've never owned one that didn't track straight when properly set up... hell I have 2 bikes now that are both over 30 years old and both of them track perfectly straight. I'd DEFINITELY not accept that excuse for a late model bike.

Reactions: Ducmulti1200

·
Registered
304 Posts
There's no law of physics that states a bike will travel straight without input. Even without holding the bars you still have to lean to keep going straight. My 16 slowly drifts left with hands off the bars. With hands on the bars it is perfect. I know there's nothing wrong with the bike so it's never been a problem. it would be a drag to ride around thinking there's something wrong with your bike.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
There's no law of physics that states a bike will travel straight without input.

Oh yes there is. Ever heard the one about a body in motion tends to stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force?

Damn. Newton’s first law of motion. Where did you study physics? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh yes there is. Ever heard the one about a body in motion tends to stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force?

You do understand that has nothing to do with motorcycle geometry and the physics of cycles lolz

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Please explain which physics of cycling you are referring to. I don’t think Newton knew much about it. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Totally agree with you #Duckman , there has to be an outside force, the bike's setup, the road, the wind..... In my case I tried every road, no wind at al... even on a road that leans to the right, the bike stil wants to go left !! IMO Ducati has an issue with there frame builder...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Totally agree with you #Duckman , there has to be an outside force, the bike's setup, the road, the wind..... In my case I tried every road, no wind at al... even on a road that leans to the right, the bike stil wants to go left !! IMO Ducati has an issue with there frame builder...
It's possible Ducati is making crooked frames, but it's far more likely people just don't understand motorcycle physics

1 - 20 of 27 Posts