Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I have just stripped down my forks to replace seals.

After assembly and oil fill without the spring, damper needle rod and cap installed I start the bleeding process. The left hand (compression fork), i pull up on the adjustment needle/shaft to stroke fully 4-5 times. I can hear the gurgling of the air being expelled then it feels smooth without air up and down job done. Then comes the right hand side (rebound). I go through the same process only this time it will not bleed itself. Spent a good couple of hours pulling it up and down, installed the cap and screwed it onto the tube and stroked it that way, used a syringe to suck the oil up the column, whatever i tried it would not bleed easily like the other side. Eventually i inserted the needle rod into the shaft and it seemed to bleed but im not confident. Is this normal with the rebound fork due to the way its designed? I put it all back together and took it for a quick spin and it appears to be working, however theres doubt in my mind that its not bled properly. I think im imagining the rebound returning too quickly after braking hard in sport mode. I also have the Ohlins SCU upgrade fitted.
Anyone else have issues like this bleeding the rebound fork? im hoping someone will say this is normal!

Update- I went for a two day tour. For the first few hours on day one it didn't feel quite right. I also noticed a small amount of fork oil at the TOP of the fork emitting from the electrical connector. It obviously wasn't bled properly and was probably squirting up at the servo/connector. Gave it a quick clean and carried on. As the hours went passed the leak stopped and the front end felt more planted, I reckon it was now bled properly.
Ever since its felt amazing especially in Sport mode.

I would love to know why the rebound fork would not bleed same as the compression one!

Thanks for your time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took delivery of my MS 1200S on 5th December, did about 400 Km. noticed oil film on right fork ( as viewed from rider position ).

Now they changed the full fork.

Could you tell me how can I make sure that electronic adjustment is working fine.

I am little bit disappointed with this initial trouble.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts