Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Yes, yes I know, this been all over the board but I just cant get to grips from all the old discussions så I hope for a quick and stright answer:)

I shall change rearspring from 85Nm to 100Nm, chock is removed and spring is gone, since some say that 100Nm spring is 5mm shorter and you should
"lower the ring" I really cant se how that is possible to do by you selfe.
(spring will arrive tomorrow so I cant check the length)

So Question is, can I just put the new spring in place by my selfe or do I have to visit an Ohlins workshop?

Thanks
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
From my memory of years ago, to lower the ring, simply turn it; it is threaded. Should be easy after old spring is removed and before new spring is installed.

·
Registered
899 Posts
My Ohlins guy when fitting the 1.00Kn over the .85 kn wound down the collar 4mm from standard, to account for the shorter spring, but allowing for the extra springs tensile strength. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now the spring is in place, I turned the ring down 4 mm as suggested.

Just had the first testride and it feels much better and I dont need to ”fool the system” by putting in 2 pers and luggage, now it works setting it to solo.

I will put on the semi-active SCU tomorrow and hope it will be another step in the right direction.

Next thing I guess will be the 7.0 springs for the front.

Thanks
Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts