Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these seem pretty similar. would this setup work in a GT1000.
Anyone know what other engines fit the GT1000?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You'll have to be careful, because some engines have narrower swinging arm mounting lugs on the back of the engine, which have to be milled down to get the engine to fit.
Yup.

... I love those types of retrofits .... they stack up my favorite components on a bike .... but they do take some potentially costly machine work to get everything to fit together.

(below) = 749 frame and rear suspension powered by an air cooled 2 valve.

So it ~can~ be done (mix/matching various parts/pieces) it just depends on one's determination and budget.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
the swingarm pivot is different. gt1000 has a "bearing in case" swingarm pivot - same as ss, ssie, monster (up to end of 696/1100 series), st.

mts and hm use the 916 style "bearing in swingarm" system, where the cases just have a hole the size of the pivot pin (20mm?). on the sbk models that hole is also lower. case at pivot is narrower on these as well.

monster 1100 engine will work just fine. but you'll need to change the timing gear and alternator cover to make it work like the gt as the gt1000 has a marelli ecu and the m1100 a conti ecu. i think the gt1000 bits will go straight on, or use a hm1100 or 848 timing gear to work with the m1100 rotation sensor in the crankcase (not the alt cover).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts