Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully used a Multistrada 1100 front fender on their Hypermotard 1100? How about another model fender?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I haven't really looked at the Multi fender but I have been looking for a full front fender for a while. I was looking at the Triumph thruxton R fender. I have not measured one yet but it looks like a possibility. To me the Hyper 1100 just does not look quite right without a full fender, looks like something is missing or that you took a hacksaw and cut it in half. Call me old school I guess. Also if you get caught in the rain you get messed up with spray. Seems like Ducati would have made a full fender for it as an option.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I agree and is why I'm looking for a full fender. I bought my Hyper used with an LSL headlight and the Ducati beak/headlamp was long gone. I've never liked that anyway and never liked the first gen Hyper's until I saw this one without the beak. However, it needs a full front fender or I need to take that rear half off entirely as it doesn't look right. Hopefully someone else has experimented and will chime in with the solution.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm doing the same on my project. When I find a solution I'll report back. Don't wait on me though, the fall is very busy. :wink2:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hhhhmmmmm. Tossed up a spare ft finder for my 996 and bungied it to the forks. Not bad. Will need to make an adaptor for the mounting, but it looks clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes, I agree and is why I'm looking for a full fender. I bought my Hyper used with an LSL headlight and the Ducati beak/headlamp was long gone. I've never liked that anyway and never liked the first gen Hyper's until I saw this one without the beak. However, it needs a full front fender or I need to take that rear half off entirely as it doesn't look right. Hopefully someone else has experimented and will chime in with the solution.
Pics of lsl headlight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
148 Posts
So you guys adding a wheel hugger front fender and deleting the upper headlight fairing/fender?

Or just supplemental coverage?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did a search and found a pic of Phil's bike, a poster on one of the forums. He used a first gen multi fender , but only the front half. This leaves a gap between the two fenders. I personally don't like the gap but otherwise it looks workable. I believe the front holes are a match to where the fork guards attach to. I believe you could let the rear overlap the existing carbon fender and do a little trim work. Maybe silicone the two fenders together on the rear or make a new bracket for the rear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The UPS truck rolled up just a couple hours ago and my first fender idea won't work. I bought this: 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak Corse Front Fender Carbon Fiber | eBay and it just doesn't work how I wanted. Plus, it has the upturned lip on the rear edge that I don't like- which I didn't see until today. I really wanted it to work because it looks fantastic, but I want to keep the rear fender and add another one up front. So, I have another idea which I'll look into but it won't happen for a few weeks.

If anyone would like this fender, I'll sell it for my cost of $102. It's a beautiful fender that could be easily repaired with fiberglass underneath.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts