Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
comrade moderator
27,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent a couple days on this bad boy:

2015 DVT w/ apparently all the add-ons. Really, really nice bike! It's a trade in at my local Honda dealer and they'd like to sell it to me, so they let me play with it Thursday and Friday. I didn't have near enough time to sort out the suspension possibilities but the basics are pretty simple.

If i could swing it I'd have me one of these! Whatta freakin nice motorcycle! :)

·
comrade moderator
27,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah...when I got to my Girlfriends house Thursday night, the topic was "How are we gonna swing this?". :think::crazy:

I'm going to do the fiscally responsible thing this time and stand down...but dang!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh yeah...when I got to my Girlfriends house Thursday night, the topic was "How are we gonna swing this?". :think::crazy:

I'm going to do the fiscally responsible thing this time and stand down...but dang!
Don't worry, you'll get your chance. I wish I'd known how much I would love my Multi a few years back, I would have had mine sooner...

When you're ready, you'll find a good deal on one, it seems like Multis attract good owners that take care of their bikes, so most used ones will be in great shape.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts

Keep playing Hard To Get and maybe they'll will come down more on price. Bike market is slow right now and only going to get slower as the days get shorter... translates to a buyer's market !!

·
Bon Vivant
11,300 Posts
Chuck, its the one bike that really does everything (as long as we are talking pavement) I just freakin love mine and if I could only have one bike it would be a Multistrada. It's the "Swiss army knife" of bikes.

About a month ago one of my buddies from Colorado came out to ride the Fontana/ Dragon roads, I brought my Multi and my Tuono. By the end of the trip we were flipping a coin to see who got the Multi. It's not that the Tuono is bad its just that the Multi is so easy and so comfortable to ride and it's damn fast too.

He went home and bought a Pikes Peak Multi! and next week, I'm heading out there to ride his bikes :wink2:

·
Premium Member
12,385 Posts
Don't take it back...
Fiduciary responsibility ain't what it is cracked up to be...
Does nuttin for the longing wish I had one syndrone that will infect any test rider.
Just say wrap her up.

Does the cab company need a midnight shift driver?
Can she deliver the early morning news papers?
After the taxi graveyard shift?
Gfs like to be helpful & needed...
Does she have some ole jewellery hanging around?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's only money!! You can't take it with ya!!

I'm back to being a Multi owner myself after a 8 year hiatus...can't wait for it to arrive!

I see you're in New York, therefore the time to buy might be in December or January as the winter months are dead for dealers up there (I'm a former New Englander). If that bike is still available, it's meant to be and you might be able to get them to lower their price. Not a lot of bikes sold in the winter as I'm sure you know, they'll need that cash flow I'm sure.

Hope it works out in the future.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah....about the test ride thing on a Multi. I took a 1100S for a test ride several years ago...ended up buying that! Sold it to buy my 1200 monster a couple years later though.

I'm picking up a brand new '16 Multi 1200 today! Couldn't pass up the deal, and I always regretted getting rid of the 1100 multi.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lovin' the Mighty Multi

I've owned lots of bikes over 40 years of riding but my Strada is the best. I just added a KTM RC390 I picked up off Craig's list to have a light weight buzzer in town. It's a lot of fun with a loud exhaust and other goodies the prior owner installed. But then I get on the Strada...... What a bike! My deceased wife was Italian too. Ya gotta love em.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Get the Multi
Get Mexico to pay for it.
Make your free time great again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Chuck, have admired your posts over on advrider for a while, you picked up that SM-R a while back, right?

Anyway, just loaded up a Multistrada last night... Held out as long as I could!

If you ever make it down to the Midwest or smokies, let's hook up!

Jay

Attachments

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
See what I’ve been saying all these years. :wink2:

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
I've been waiting for this moment.

Buy it Chuckster. I'm never selling mine. Ever. It's something to actually ride places without coming back feeling like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Plus red, always appropriate and in the best of taste.

·
Premium Member
12,385 Posts
Chuck all you need is a push...
Will :"I double dog dare you" work???

Reactions: merzint
1 - 19 of 19 Posts