Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously looking at buying a year old MS but would like to hear some comments if possible from owners on here and should I or should I not but this machine. The pros and cons please as its a big investment for me :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Likely to get some strong supporting views on the Multi. A brilliant machine that does many things very well. Its biggest drawbacks are possibly the screen not providing adequate buffeting protection, the rear brake being sub optimal and a tad rough below 3000 rpm's (ameliorated with fat ducs or new pipe system).
It handles supurbly, the engine has masses of urge, it is extremely comfortable and is probably the most sophisticated machine of its genre out there.
This is my second MTS and I am very much of the view that there is nothing comparable for all round riding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Likely to get some strong supporting views on the Multi. A brilliant machine that does many things very well. Its biggest drawbacks are possibly the screen not providing adequate buffeting protection, the rear brake being sub optimal and a tad rough below 3000 rpm's (ameliorated with fat ducs or new pipe system).
It handles supurbly, the engine has masses of urge, it is extremely comfortable and is probably the most sophisticated machine of its genre out there.
This is my second MTS and I am very much of the view that there is nothing comparable for all round riding.
What he said!!!!! Hehehe great summary GHTE. :D. The pro's of this machine outweighs the drawbacks in spades....

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here's my take on my 2011 "S"

Pros
Stunning good suspension, power and adjustability.
Comfortable for all day rides
Great WOW factor. Seems to draw a crowd anytime I go to Biker nite.
Mine has been pretty much trouble free over 15,000 miles other than the rear brake, which was fixed by the recall and replacement of the rear pads.

Cons
Expensive to purchase....especially replacement parts.
Handguards snap off easily in a tipover. They also function as the mount for the clutch and brake resovoir so, you're screwed when you break one. In addition, Ducati will only sell replacements with the LED blinker included. $100.00 repair just for the part.
Expensive to work on 15,000 mile service cost me $1,275.00.

That being said, this is the most capable bike I have ever owned (And I've been riding over 45 years on bunches of bikes). If I knew everything before I bought it that I know now, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the 2011 S Touring and love it. Rear brake does the job for me after the warrantee recall fix. As for the fueling below 3000, I don't seem to have an issue, I can put along in 4th at 35 mph and 2500 rpm with no studder. Stock Exhaust. Only thing I can think of that might have helped, was I had the shop richen up the low idle air screws. Apparently they have them.

The 2 issues I have and they are not frequent, are that the bike still can cut out downshipting when engine is cold from 3rd. I also can have issues starting when there is any interference with the key. This can always be remedied by just putting the key up under the visor and starting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
To the OP: I'm new and I did what you're about to do. Two weeks ago I purchased a 2010 S that was also converted to a Touring. It had 9,000 miles on it and already had most of the bugs shaken out. I echo all the comments here from the seasoned guys. This machine is fantastic. I took Friday off and did a 180 mile loop around the Sonoma/Marin coast here in NorCal. Perfect day for a ride. I spent 5 total hours on the machine and no trouble spots. Sure there's some buffeting, and my beast has lots of surging under 3k, but on the upside I purchased a used bike that the previous owner already spent a ton of money adding the extras, so no complaints. Now I just look at google maps in the office all day trying to decide where I'm going to go next.

Buy it and don't look back, and don't worry too much about some of the warranty stuff, though true, it will get expensive.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Also if you're a plus size person (200+ lbs) you will need the upgraded springs. Just another expense. At the end of the day all I can recommend you do is get the extended warranty 'cause the dealers are not cheap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
CYRA, this is your boss.....I'm watching you :^o Get back to work or I'll make sure you have lots of time for your bike!
Ha,ha, I have to admit doing the same thing....but I'm the boss. Hey porsche, just buy it man you will not regret it! I just did a 300 mile trip Sunday going over Washington State passes and about....glorious ride. Pull the trigger man.
Jeff

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seriously looking at buying a year old MS but would like to hear some comments if possible from owners on here and should I or should I not but this machine. The pros and cons please as its a big investment for me :)
I have a 2011. It now has 800 miles on it. Just installed the termi exhaust on it. The bike is fast, comfortable, fun as heck to ride and, if I could only have one bike, it would most likely be the one. For two up riding, it is great. I have riden it to work, small grocery shopping with my wife on the back. I have riden sporty (I'm not very good) with my younger son. It looks great (still getting used to the nostrils). Lastly, it is a Ducati with big honkin V-twin engine. Other guys I'm sure can give you long term experiences with it. I have no regrets in getting it.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I've got near to the first one made and still going strong.

Buy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts