Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the trick to getting the multimedia center to display the track name?

When I'm in Touring and Player is on, I can skip music, see the the volume indicators changing (although volume still doesn't change with my iPhone 6 and Sena connected), but the Title name always says Not available...

What's the trick?

·
Registered
81 Posts

When I'm in Touring and Player is on, I can skip music, see the the volume indicators changing (although volume still doesn't change with my iPhone 6 and Sena connected), but the Title name always says Not available...

What's the trick?
There was someting to check -or uncheck on your iphone. Can't remember what it was , i'll look it up in the morning

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any luck, Obi or anyone else? I can't find anything to turn on or off to get it to appear...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sry- took me a while to get back.
Think i remembered something different ( showing the messages that arrive).(In your iphone, go to bluetooth services, select the i next to the Ducati mulitmedia system, activate show messages) Dont remember if that helped on mine, i do remember searching for it too....

Obi

·
Premium Member
116 Posts

What's the trick?
Yeah, what's the deal with the volume? I thought that would've been fixed with the last update, but no such luck...?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bluetooth Control

Happy Holidays Gents,

Santa was kind enough to bring me a Sena SMH10-11 and I have a few questions that I could not locate in the forums or owners manual. For now I will be using the Sena with an iPhone 6 for phone, GPS and music use, both devices have the latest firmware/OS. My main question is, should I be pairing the Sena to the bike and the iPhone simultaneously to be able to control phone functions right from the handlebars? I am assuming this si the case but I have not tried and wanted to check first.

This will be on a 2016 MTS.

If this is not the case can someone let me know otherwise or let me know how you have it set up? I have read a few posts here stating that this functionality with the bike has been spotty for some but I figured I'd give it a try.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Then why not give it a try and report back ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Then why not give it a try and report back ;)
Due to my experience with the Multistrada Link app and the 2+ hours I spent trying to get that to work I figured I would try and save a similar amount of time with trial and error since I am sure others have done this. Plus I have read others have had issues so I figure maybe someone has figured it out.

Either way I will be trying in the next few hours but leveraging others experience is always a plus.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pair phone to Sena and bike to phone and you'll have the best setup you can get.

Ducati Bluetooth operations don't operate volume controls yet with iPhones. Yet, bike to phone let's you still take advantage of the Link app.

Good luck!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Pair phone to Sena and bike to phone and you'll have the best setup you can get.

Ducati Bluetooth operations don't operate volume controls yet with iPhones. Yet, bike to phone let's you still take advantage of the Link app.

Good luck!
Just got back from a test ride; I initially did not connect either to the bike to get a baseline. Phone and GPS via Google Maps on iPhone worked fine. I then connected the iPhone to the bike and the Sena to the iPhone and the turn-by-turn did not work. As soon as I disconnected form the bike it worked. I have not tried connecting Sena and iPhone to the bike yet nor did I did not get a chance to test a phone call while connected to the bike so I don't know if the controls work.

I did use Google Maps and Google Play at the same time and it worked as expected. Music played and then paused when turn-by-turn kicked in. This was when neither device was connected to the bike. The sad part is the music sounds really bad. I was not expecting much because the speakers are small but it is way worse than my already low expectations. This is not a deal breaker as I usually don't listen to music while riding anyway.

I plan on getting out for some more testing tomorrow but if anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime fire away.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to make sure you connected your phone using the AD2P profile, and not just the hands free profile. Your sound quality comments make me think that's the case.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine has displayed the track name in the past. Haven't used that for several months though. Maybe Apple Music changed things. Are you streaming from Apple Music? What version of iOS? When did things change?

Bikes in the shop getting recall and warranty work done, otherwise I'd test it for you.

Scott

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine has displayed the track name in the past. Haven't used that for several months though. Maybe Apple Music changed things. Are you streaming from Apple Music? What version of iOS? When did things change?
I have the 15 Multi and my Sena 20S sync'd to the phone... I do not have the Sena sync'd to the bike.

I did not subscribe to Apple Music and am only trying to play music from Internal Playlists on iPhone which all tracks have proper tags.

Currently using iPhone 6S, iOS 9.2 - can't recall ever getting music to display track name, nor the volume control to actually adjust the volume, despite seeing the visual indication that the volume should be going up or down (+/-) buttons illuminating.

Bike is up to date with all firmware updates as of 12/8/15.

Appreciate anything you come up with when you get your bike back!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Noticed something today.I bought a new iphone ( old one died) , and started to pair it. I had my music on whilst doing that, so i knew immediately if the connection was established.
Strangely enough the track names didnt show up, although it was connected. As soon as i connected my helmet (Schubert with the SRC system)too, track names showed up. No idea how or what but it could point you in some direction?

Obi

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree with @fubar929. The Sena has pretty good controls. It's much easier to use, quicker to use, more intuitive, and the volume control works. Leave the bike out of it.

Also, for recording rides, check out the Rever app. It's pretty cool, even for the free version.

I use in-ear speakers plugged into the Sena, Etymotic ER-4i's, LG Tone HBS700, or custom molded ear speakers. This gives better sound and protects your hearing at the same time.

When using the Sena helmet speakers, I find they actually work better when wearing ear plugs to eliminate all the extraneous noise.

Scott

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy the Sena handlebar-mounted remote control, pair the SMH10 with your iPhone, and leave the Ducati out of the mix entirely. Your life will become much less frustrating once you decide to abandon the Multistrada's built-in Bluetooth entirely...
I think the annoying part is Ducati said we'd have a feature we can use. Had I purchased a bike w/o a Bluetooth option, I would have been totally fine. Like let's make sure the stuff works before we roll it out. I bitch about the tech, but the Multi still makes me smile.

Reactions: Ecoyne

·
Registered
282 Posts

Bikes in the shop getting recall and warranty work done, otherwise I'd test it for you.

Scott
The A2DP connection (called Media Selective Pairing in the SMH-10 owners manual) recommended by Ecoyne seems to have improved sound quality. I am currently on iOS 9.2 and I am using Google Play Music app to stream my music library from Google. This is the first time I have tried connecting to the DVT via Bluetooth.

I hope to be able to further test this today but will have to do it in the garage since it's raining today. As others have mentioned, I don't want to have to add another control to the bars when I paid for a bike that advertised bluetooth connectivity.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the annoying part is Ducati said we'd have a feature we can use. Had I purchased a bike w/o a Bluetooth option, I would have been totally fine. Like let's make sure the stuff works before we roll it out. I bitch about the tech, but the Multi still makes me smile.
I just assumed the Bluetooth wouldn't work or that since it didn't have dedicated buttons it would be a pain in the butt to use for audio. Based on those assumptions, the bike is currently meeting my expectations ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
This morning I paired my Sena SMH-10 with the bike and the controls for answering and hanging up a call worked fine. I still cannot figure out the other controls or the controls for the general player like skip, pause, volume etc. but at least I'm heading in the right direction. I'll have to spend more time with it since I was in a hurry this morning.

So I have the following setup:

iPhone 6 paired to bike and Sena SMH-10
Sena SMH-10 paired to bike and iPhone 6

I tested playing music through Google Play Music app on iPhone and the music played and paused when a call came in. The dash also showed the song name and the caller ID when I had my daughter call me.

Thanks for all the input in this thread; I'm almost there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts