Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could Multistrada 950 front wheel be fitter on Multistrada 1100? Anyone fitted some other 19" wheel on Multis?

Increasing front wheel size from 17" to 19" would be good for the more rough dirt roads.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If it was possible people would likely be doing it. I just did a day of offroad riding in the mountains on my 1100S with an Africa Twin, a KTM 790, and a KLR-650. My bike was the worst performer by a fair margin - it was shitty trying to ride anything loose with a 17" front wheel with a 70mm wide tire. It would be awesome if someone would build a kit to put a 19" (or, dear God, a 21") spoked front wheel on a standard 1000/1100 multi. They're lighter than an Africa Twin, have a huge fuel tank, and generally do okay on dirt but the front.... the front....

I'm going to start looking at what would be involved. Spacing and size of front brake rotors is non-negotiable, the rest can be fabricated, even a custom axle. Not sure where I'd even start looking as horizontal offset measurement for front disks isn't in your typical list of specs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it works. I tried a 19" MTS 950 on a 821 Hyper. It bolted right up, but there was a clearance issue with the radiator at full compression.

I currently have a Scrambler 800 18" wheel on my MTS 1200. I had to machine the hub for the second brake disk but that is all. A Scrambler 1100 wheel may have been a direct fit but I couldn't find one at the time.

A spoked 19" front wheel may have clearance issues to the brake calipers. The cast 950 wheel should avoid that.

I'd say, buy the wheel, try it and if it doesn't work resell it. That's what I did with the Hyper, I cost me a $100 but it was fun to try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.