Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
So as of right now its an either or situation? I buy a cat delete and keep my stock pipes wich means later on I wont be able to get a different exhaust or buy the cat delete that makes it so I need a new exhaust? Is that correct?
That's correct for the way it is right now..

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I'm considering this very MIVV mod, but going into a custom mounted set of the streetfighter stacked carbon cans. I think the mounting plate and the splitter pipe (for the 1-2 connection) is all I will need. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
PJ -

Taking advantage of your knowledge (and others...), I got a question for my specific application...

if I get the MIVV Catalyst Replacement Pipe [D.027.C3] (from your site), can I match it with the CF Termi slip on and be in business?

The purchase of those two items plus installation get me new sound and looks?

Sorry but I need a brain ECU update as I got lost :confused:

·
Banned
935 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
PJ -

if I get the MIVV Catalyst Replacement Pipe [D.027.C3] (from your site), can I match it with the CF Termi slip on and be in business?

If the Termi Slip-on will mount to the Stock cat pipe, Yes, that sounds correct.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
that just might be what the doctor ordered; lose the looks and weight of the cat while being able to use either the stock muffler or Termignoni slip-on (i personally am not a huge fan of the large Ti can). have the ecu reflashed if necessary? and off you go.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I'm following this thread.

I like the Mivv slipon options too.

I'd hate to upset my perfectly running stock set up that I have.

I'd love to improve the sound of my stock OEM tips.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's correct for the way it is right now..
Hope that changes. Not sure what would be so difficult about selling just the silencer? :confused:

PJ -

Taking advantage of your knowledge (and others...), I got a question for my specific application...

Sorry but I need a brain ECU update as I got lost :confused:
You can do this. Any slip-on that fits the bike stock will fit on the end of the MiVV decat pipe.

You will most likely want to pick up a db killer.

MiVV DECAT BAFFLE - DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200 2010 on | Motorcycle Exhausts | Performance Parts

I'm following this thread.

I like the Mivv slipon options too.

I'd hate to upset my perfectly running stock set up that I have.

I'd love to improve the sound of my stock OEM tips.
My bike runs perfect with the decat pipe. I am looking forward to getting the db killer installed. I hope it takes some of the tinny sound out of the system and leaves the deep tones. We'll see...

What MiVV slip-on do you like the best? I like the carbon/carbon oval.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Received my db killer today. Got it installed in about 15min. I left the bolt in, and it sounds awesome. Took the high pitched sounds out and left a nice deep rumble. Very pleased. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Received my db killer today. Got it installed in about 15min. I left the bolt in, and it sounds awesome. Took the high pitched sounds out and left a nice deep rumble. Very pleased. :)
Sooo, any fueling issues felt?

Any -seat of the pants- power loss?

How loud compared to stock?

My db killer is yet to ship.........

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sooo, any fueling issues felt?

Any -seat of the pants- power loss?

How loud compared to stock?

My db killer is yet to ship.........
Nothing negative to note. Bike ran very strong. Compared to stock it is loud, but in a good way with the db killer installed. I am pleasantly surprised how much difference is makes.

Could you please post a clip of your setup with the DB killer installed?
I really don't have any sound equipment that would do it justice. I would be happy to post up an iPhone clip?

Here is some good info on the db killer:

Cat replacement?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Between the pipes the weight differences are minimal (except for full TI Pipes). Get what YOU like, not what weighs the least.
Thanks PJ,,, I've made my choice and my order is in the system :D

Cheers,
Wit C.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nothing negative to note. Bike ran very strong. Compared to stock it is loud, but in a good way with the db killer installed. I am pleasantly surprised how much difference is makes.

I really don't have any sound equipment that would do it justice. I would be happy to post up an iPhone clip?

Here is some good info on the db killer:

Cat replacement?
Thanks for the update Aurelius. If you wanna send me your db killer I will pay for shipping..... Just till I get mine in that is.... :D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the update Aurelius. If you wanna send me your db killer I will pay for shipping..... Just till I get mine in that is.... :D:rolleyes:
Ha! :think:

Good news. My A/V guy came through. I will attempt a decent sound clip tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
MiVV Decat - BR Special Tuning db Killer w/ Bolt - Stock Can

Download the file to your desktop -> Change the extension from .txt to .wma

I only have laptop speakers at home, so I have no idea how these sound. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Aure, we'll be in Jacksonville next week for the Navy's 100 years of flight you should swing by and check it out....and let me hear your bike. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey Aure, we'll be in Jacksonville next week for the Navy's 100 years of flight you should swing by and check it out....and let me hear your bike. :D
That sounds like a plan! Let me know where you're going to be, and I'll do my best to accommodate. I sure hope the weather is better next week. Today felt like a a fall day, and tomorrow/thursday is supposed to be tornadic. Nice weekend ahead, however.

41 - 60 of 350 Posts