Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the update Peter. How did the install go? What db killer are you running? Compared to stock, how is the sound with the db killer installed? I am anxious to get mine mounted up. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
There has been some question about the MiVV decat being the same for the standard pipe vs. the decat supplied with a MiVV slip-on. The only difference between the two is the "link pipe" supplied with the decat for the standard exhaust. MiVV customer service has confirmed this.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the update Peter. How did the install go? What db killer are you running? Compared to stock, how is the sound with the db killer installed? I am anxious to get mine mounted up. :D
The install couldn't have been easier. I took it to my Ducati mechanic and he had the whole thing done in 45 minutes.;)
It beats getting the shits working off the garage floor.
I didn't know there was more than the db killer that came with the pipe.
I cut the db killer down to within 12mm/1/2" from the end and tried that.
Bloody aweful, it was pretty loud and bit tinny for some weird reason. So I installed another db killer, I have another Mivv muffler, which is the stock length and it sounded great. A bit too quiet when idling, but blip the throttle and the low down rumble returns, fantastic.
I'll weld the cut down db killer back together, then cut 12mm/1/2' from the open end off so I'll get a bit more sound out of it.
You'll love your pipe, don't worry about that, your neighbours mightn't,:mad: but stiff shit!:)

·
Registered
750 Posts
I dont understand.... Your MIVV decat pipe from PJ's came with a Db killer??
Nope. He has a MiVV can. I had to re-read that part as well.

Thanks for the update Peter. I get mine installed last night. Sound is amazing, but a little too loud for my taste. I am looking forward to getting the db killer installed.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
so, in summation, will the MIVV mid-pipe fit onto the oem muffler without further modification to it or the ecu? if so, this is the exact modification that i'm after.

thanks in advance :)

·
Banned
935 Posts
?

Akrapovic and the leo Vince will all work also

My first choice is the Akra system,Iam waiting on the leo Vince ti with CF tip before I purchase

GB

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
so, in summation, will the MIVV mid-pipe fit onto the oem muffler without further modification to it or the ecu? if so, this is the exact modification that i'm after.

thanks in advance :)
Correct - The MIVV Cat Removal pipes just replaces the stock midpipe, with the stock muffler and mapping staying in place.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Correct - The MIVV Cat Removal pipes just replaces the stock midpipe, with the stock muffler and mapping staying in place.
Hey PJ,
If I wanted to put my standard muffler on for some reason, do you have the mid pipe for my system so I can do so? Or is it a long winded effort to get one from our friends in Italy?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey PJ,
If I wanted to put my standard muffler on for some reason, do you have the mid pipe for my system so I can do so? Or is it a long winded effort to get one from our friends in Italy?
Peter, we're working on getting just that pipe, but it may be a few weeks - we'll put it on the site when we have it available..

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey PJ,

Are you talking about the pipe in the attached? Thanks for the great service!

Yes, if we can get just that short pipe, you could remove your slip-on Muffler and go back to the stock muffler without buying the other Decat pipe. the difference between the one that work with the stock muffler and the Slip-on that comes with the Decat and muffler is that short pipe.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes, if we can get just that short pipe, you could remove your slip-on Muffler and go back to the stock muffler without buying the other Decat pipe. the difference between the one that work with the stock muffler and the Slip-on that comes with the Decat and muffler is that short pipe.
That would be great for those who purchased a complete system.

Can you get just the carbon/carbon oval slip-on without the decat?

·
Registered
619 Posts
That would be great for those who purchased a complete system.

Can you get just the carbon/carbon oval slip-on without the decat?
The Slip-ons all come with the Decat - But you don't have to mount it - Buying just the muffler and midpipe but not the Decat would be expensive if you later wanted to try the decat.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Great site PJ! Its great to see the whole package AND with the side cases too.
Can I ask if there is much weight difference between all the mivv slipons ?
cheers,
wit c

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Slip-ons all come with the Decat - But you don't have to mount it - Buying just the muffler and midpipe but not the Decat would be expensive if you later wanted to try the decat.
I already have the decat running a stock slip-on. Would be nice to be able to just buy the slip-on. I could swap out my exhaust from time to time. :cool:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Great site PJ! Its great to see the whole package AND with the side cases too.
Can I ask if there is much weight difference between all the mivv slipons ?
cheers,
wit c
Between the pipes the weight differences are minimal (except for full TI Pipes). Get what YOU like, not what weighs the least.

·
Registered
315 Posts
So as of right now its an either or situation? I buy a cat delete and keep my stock pipes wich means later on I wont be able to get a different exhaust or buy the cat delete that makes it so I need a new exhaust? Is that correct?

21 - 40 of 350 Posts