Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we just got the initial info but I was wondering if there was anyone out there with semi-reliable info on price, nothing concrete mind you but an estimate. Hoping a dealer will chime in here if possible.

I saw MCN News in England was stating a price around 10995 pounds for the base model which puts it at over $18K here and 14000 pounds for an "S" version which would make it over $23K here......OUCH thats pretty steep if they keep those prices over here in the US. I want one but don't think I can muster $23K.

I was hoping for a sub $20K price on the "S" maybe around $18-$19K but not that kind of cake for the standard version. I guess with all the farkles on that thing it could be in that price range which would be similiar to a fully loaded up BMW GS with bags etc. and they get over $21K for the 1198S with less techno whizbang. Might the Multi be Ducati's most expensive bike sans the "R" and Desmo..........

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
with all due respect,

> $19k and I'm out.

i'm that happy with my current MTS 1100s.

praise

·
Registered
970 Posts
as you said, there is nothing official.
IMO if you used a model like the F1098 base and S for comparison one might speculate..

F1098 Base $14995 MSRP
MTS1200 Base $15495?? MSRP (more pieces ie fairing)
F1098S $18995 MSRP
MTS1100S $19995?? (addition of ABS and more fairing)
MTS1100S $20,995?? (addition of bags and center stand and??)
all these could be + or - $1000?!! We would love to see - !!
These are TOTAL guesses...

here are a few more 2010 prices to consider for comparison
1198 base $16495
1198S $21795

·
Registered
198 Posts
Base price for a BMW is under $15K, about $17,500 with heated grips, traction control, ABS & electronic adjustable suspension. Center stand no charge.

3 GS bags are around $1,250 IIRC.

I think the Multi is more a direct competitor with the GS instead of the GS Adventure (which has spoke wheels, 9 gal fuel tank, crash bars, longer suspension).

I'm pretty sure the S model of the Multi will come in below $20K, in fact, I'd bet $18,750.

Can't wait for a ride on the new Multi.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
Base price for a BMW is under $15K, about $17,500 with heated grips, traction control, ABS & electronic adjustable suspension. Center stand no charge.

3 GS bags are around $1,250 IIRC.

I think the Multi is more a direct competitor with the GS instead of the GS Adventure (which has spoke wheels, 9 gal fuel tank, crash bars, longer suspension).

I'm pretty sure the S model of the Multi will come in below $20K, in fact, I'd bet $18,750.

Can't wait for a ride on the new Multi.
That is my relative value comparison as well. Further, BMW NA has been running a $2k incentive of late (I used it to purchase mine) making the GS bikes extremely attractive, today. Without any discounts, the msrp was around $18,500 (shipping/setup incl.), and this Special Edition came with ABS, Elec Suspension Adjustment, Spoke Wheels, heated grips and handguards. Not bad for such a well sorted bike. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for the new MTS 1200s but not too much more. Having said that, the new 2010 BMW GS line will be priced higher given the new DOHC motor.

I too am looking forward to the test ride, and have $500 in place to possibly ride it home.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the price comes under the magical $20K ceiling I will for sure consider getting the new Multi because I think it looks like it will be a great ride and if its over $20K well then the chance goes down considerably unless its a spectacular ride.

IMHO if Ducati can keep the "S" under that $20K limit it will help sell this thing if its competing in the adventure touring market. You get priced beyond that it becomes a more difficult sell in my eyes. Even at $19K we gotta be a little nuts to buy it cuz you could own a couple of pretty nice rides for that kind of money.......lets hope it lives up to that 4 in 1 motto.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If the price comes under the magical $20K ceiling I will for sure consider getting the new Multi because I think it looks like it will be a great ride and if its over $20K well then the chance goes down considerably unless its a spectacular ride.

IMHO if Ducati can keep the "S" under that $20K limit it will help sell this thing if its competing in the adventure touring market. You get priced beyond that it becomes a more difficult sell in my eyes. Even at $19K we gotta be a little nuts to buy it cuz you could own a couple of pretty nice rides for that kind of money.......lets hope it lives up to that 4 in 1 motto.
Well, like I said, wait another year or two and pick up a preowned for around $14K. :think:

·
Registered
293 Posts
For interest the Uk prices quoted are about the same as the Streetfighter and Streetfighter 'S'-I don't know what they go for over in the States.

Oh, and I have just got back from a 18 hour round trip to Milan and have seen the bike and got about 200 pictures-believe me-you WILL want this bike.

John

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For interest the Uk prices quoted are about the same as the Streetfighter and Streetfighter 'S'-I don't know what they go for over in the States.

Oh, and I have just got back from a 18 hour round trip to Milan and have seen the bike and got about 200 pictures-believe me-you WILL want this bike.

John
Thanks for the price comparison that helps narrow it down a little. If they are comparable in price to the Streetfighter then the "S" model should come in under $20,000USD hopefully...........and post some pics already....

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
The price is $14,995 for the base model in the US. Price for the ABS option and the two 'S' models has not been released yet. ABS premium on the Monsters is $1,000 so that is probably what it will cost on the Multi 1200.

Full details of the Ducati Multistrada 1200

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think im with Motard-Menace on this one.

Im 24, ive had a hyper which I loved and now I own a 1098 but its not practical and I cant take a long trip on it without killing myself. That being said if it comes in a 19k for the "S Touring" then its decent but I look at the larger picture.

My insurance is going to be a little less than the 1098 for the year because its still a 4v large displacement engine, I wouldnt doubt if the service for this bike would be close to or over 1k because look at the labor to remove fairings. The electronics are outstanding from the specs but I expect recalls because its new technology to ducati and while I have a dealers 45 and 115 miles away I wouldnt take anything to them because of past service. 255 miles one way.

It might be a "4 in 1" bike but still I would rack up 5x the amount of miles on it because its more practical so I would definitely want the extended warranty (another 1k) because of all the electronics god knows how much it would cost if something went out.

VS the BMW where they state to have the 6k services but honestly the bmw's hardly need adjustment at 16k much less 7500 so you would save money. Thats just my 2 cents, I still want this bike but only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I accept with information:the Multi is more a direct competitor with the GS instead of the GS Adventure which has spoke wheels, 9 gal fuel tank, crash bars, longer suspension.
I think the multi is more of Triumph Tiger and KTM950SMT competitor than the BMW

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Mr Leakered
8,835 Posts
Wow, that right saddle bag is useless. Crazy.

Maybe it could carry the two volume user's manual for all the nanny gadgets?

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Wow, that right saddle bag is useless. Crazy.

Maybe it could carry the two volume user's manual for all the nanny gadgets?

Have a good one.
are the bags different sizes? can't really tell from the initial pictures, but I like that the bags on our ST3/4's are symmetrical and quite useful. I wonder if you can fit a helmet in the new bags with the taller lids.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts