Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
How about the top speed of the Moto2 bikes? They could probably hang in the draft of Morbidelli's Yamaha. >:)

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pull your finger out jlo for fucks sake. Miller would have done better on the Honda.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
and I got up just in time to see the interviews in parc ferme....

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,290 Posts
This might be Petrucci's career inflection point.

He has always been short of self confidence and that prevented him of becoming a race winner and true contender.

But now he "knows" he can do it!

He reminds me of one 2003 Sete Gibernau who became a regular winner after Daijiro Kato's death.

Also, he can have a clearer mind now that he has secured his factory team ride (Sorry Jack).

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,542 Posts
I think he'll regret stuffing up Dovi's chance of a race win and taking the championship lead once the euphoria goes away.
The way I see it his job was to slow MM down not Dovi.

et tu brute.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Dovisioso's best chance at winning the title was last year. The GP-18 was clearly the better bike.

But, for '19, the Honda has been improved in every way. MM has learned to ride (more) within the limits of the day. And, AD still only rides within his comfort level. I don't know if AD could/would have won today (only seen 'highlights') but, I do know that he did not beat MM. DP winning actually helped AD's case, however slightly, as things wound up.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I acknowledge a fun race, and that I enjoyed watching it.

However, I think somewhere some people with a lot of power asked MM to make the race fun and I think MM agreed to do it. MM is that good, and he was definitely not short on tires on the last 5 laps, the only front runner running H/H, and showed calculated passes when desired to make things more lively. His regular late-braking wide-entries were easy to spot, and not a norm for him. What we enjoyed was a race with MM throttled back.

This is my opinion, and I don't mind if you disagree.

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,542 Posts
Dovisioso's best chance at winning the title was last year. The GP-18 was clearly the better bike.

But, for '19, the Honda has been improved in every way. MM has learned to ride (more) within the limits of the day. And, AD still only rides within his comfort level. I don't know if AD could/would have won today (only seen 'highlights') but, I do know that he did not beat MM. DP winning actually helped AD's case, however slightly, as things wound up.

No:
Dovi was clear of DP and MM so instead of holding MM back, DP took off after AD, messed him up and MM was then able to close in and we all know what happened next.
Happy Ducati won but not the way teams should work.
I'll bet Dovi won't be mentoring DP much more after this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Petruc is an interesting character to watch, that's for sure. We will see what the fall out is, if any, this week. Still a huge win for him.

I personally am a huge Dovi fan and wish he would push the limit a little more and get a Championship!

·
Registered
116 Posts
No:
Dovi was clear of DP and MM so instead of holding MM back, DP took off after AD, messed him up and MM was then able to close in and we all know what happened next.
Happy Ducati won but not the way teams should work.
I'll bet Dovi won't be mentoring DP much more after this.
It's a very fine line between hero and goat, a mm either way and this could have been Iannone Argentina version 2. In the press conference it seemed DP was having second thoughts about his decision to dive under Dovi.

But OTOH racers should go for it at all times and let the championship fall where it may. Otherwise we are creeping onto the sissy slope of F1.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts