Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just "cored" the cans on my 748... before I hit them with the pop rivet gun, I was thinking about replacing the packing... but can't seem to locate any of the wrap around variety... anyone know where to locate the stuff?

Blair

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moto said:
Most motorcycle shops that sell dirt bike equipment should have packing.

Right... that's what I am finding.. the kind of packing that goes into a dirtbike... like one sheet that wraps around a single tube and is covered by the outside cover.

I am looking for the stuff, that's more like an ACE bandage.

Blair

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The exhaust wrap?

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=405%7CMisc%2E%20%26%20Universal&productID=3496&showDetail=1&categoryID=405|Misc%2E%20%26%20Universal&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
When I've repacked the the muffler I use the wide Aluminium tape to wrap the whole thing before pushing it back into the can - much better IMO than the paper stuff that Termignoni use as it is heat resistant, that way if you do leave the next re-pack too long there is much less chance of the heat burning through to the can.

Actually Ducati's don't seem to blow the packing out too quickly compared to other V-twins (Honda, Suzuki etc) but worth doing anyway. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.