Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have just bought a 2019 MTS 1260S. Fantastic bike, but my attempts at setting up the Bluetooth have all failed.
I want to be able to control music from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) to Jabra Elite headphones. Sounds simple enough, but having successfully paired both devices with the bike it seems to be connecting and disconnecting constantly. Oh, and I can't control music volume either.
What am I doing wrong? Should I only connect the phone to the bike and leave the headset connected to the phone only?
Can't find any Youtube vids on how to do it and the User Manual is completely useless.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
119 Posts
There are multiple threads. For example Try searching:

Ducati DVT MTS Bluetooth and Multimedia system (2015 DVT)

I find it easier to just pair the phone straight to Sena or Cardo

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Yep, I don't even bother trying any more on my 1260. Ducati doesn't give a dang about their app or their multimedia technology, I wish they'd just quit trying completely and lower the price, or farm it out to Google/Apple.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same here. I just ignore it now as I cannot get it to work (Android phone w Sena speakers). Pairing worked fine - phone and speakers are showing as connected. But with or without the Ducati app, I cannot get it to play a song or pick up the phone - though it does show a text symbol when one comes in. The handlebar switches scroll through the menu, change songs, and can turn it on and off, but no sound ever comes through the speakers (until it is disconnected and back to just Sena/phone).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same here. I just ignore it now as I cannot get it to work (Android phone w Sena speakers). Pairing worked fine - phone and speakers are showing as connected. But with or without the Ducati app, I cannot get it to play a song or pick up the phone - though it does show a text symbol when one comes in. The handlebar switches scroll through the menu, change songs, and can turn it on and off, but no sound ever comes through the speakers (until it is disconnected and back to just Sena/phone).
Exact same set up and exact same issue. Gave up wasting time trying.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had no issue pairing my apple phone and sena.

HOWEVER

It's incredibly annoying when you get off the bike and you are listening to music or finishing up a call and it cuts off with the bike.

Because of this i've stopped connecting to the bike completely. I found that I rarely used the clunky handlebar controls anyways and using my bluetooth unit or phone is still more convenient then scrolling around with the buttons on the bike.

IMO you really aren't missing out on anything anyways.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The Ducati (DMS) works as the hub where devices are NOT paired with each other.
Otherwise, there's a conflict.
Although the DMS is far from ideal, I do like it if not for any other reason than to know who is calling and be able to call the last five callers while in Touring Display mode using a Cardo.
Caveat: The five last callers list does not appear while in "Sport Display".

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried it last year with my Sena and never could get them to all talk to each other. I have recently moved over to a Cardo Bold so will give it a go one more time. It's actually needed less in the Cardo world b/c both the comms and my phone have voice commands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,
I have just bought a 2019 MTS 1260S. Fantastic bike, but my attempts at setting up the Bluetooth have all failed.
I want to be able to control music from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) to Jabra Elite headphones. Sounds simple enough, but having successfully paired both devices with the bike it seems to be connecting and disconnecting constantly. Oh, and I can't control music volume either.
What am I doing wrong? Should I only connect the phone to the bike and leave the headset connected to the phone only?
Can't find any Youtube vids on how to do it and the User Manual is completely useless.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Caveat: The five last callers list does not appear while in sport mode.
To clarify, the last five callers list does not appear when the display is set to sport... you can set any riding mode to have any display setup, at least on my 2016.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on buying a 2019 S. I have the same bike. I tried in vain to get the Bluetooth to work. The dealer couldn’t figure it out either. Every time they declared it working we tried to use it and then it wouldn’t work. I decided it didn’t really matter. I had a warning light appear on the dash and had to take it to the dealer about 6 months ago. It turned out to be the Bluetooth module not working. They replaced it under warranty and once they installed and set it up it doesn’t work again. Useless!

I use a cardo pack talk bold system. I just paired this with my phone and was happy with that. Yeah, I can’t see the last 5 numbers called etc but, at the end of the day, I’m riding my motorcycle not organizing my social life and I can still call anyone I want with voice command or listen to music. The real breakthrough for me was when I bypassed cardo, (and having to talk in an American accent to make it work - I’m Australian), and started using Siri. So much easier, more flexibility and control.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
To clarify, the last five callers list does not appear when the display is set to sport... you can set any riding mode to have any display setup, at least on my 2016.
Correct. I should have wrote "Sport Display" as opposed to "Sport Mode".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts