Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a PSR clutch slave for my MTS1200. I chose it because I have one on my Hyper1100s and love it and it has been going strong for 2yrs.

Anyway, I went to install it today and ran into some issues that I didn't have on the hyper.

On the pushrod there is a cross pin and the OEM CS has a plastic insert to facilitate it. However, my new one does not. After my research I found that the DP clutch slaves all have the same part number (except for color code) for both the hyper and mts1200, which tells me they are interchangeable right? NOTE: My hyper had no such pin.

With that, to those that have installed their own, what have you done? Removed the pin or leave it in? Or did you find that your aftermarket clutch slave had a groove/slot to facilitate the cross pin?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I understand that the early MTS1200 had no cross pin and this was true on my 2010. The cross pin seems to be an upgrade introduced to help with the many slave failures (mine included). It was thought that the pushrod was spinning and this damaged the slave piston. My own thoughts is that the original slaves were made of poorly lathed cheese and have piston seals made of licorice. The DP Ergal slaves are blinged up red poorly lathed cheese and also have piston seals made of licorice.

The service manager told me that the upgraded standard slaves (new part numbers and fitted to recent bikes) have no problems at all. Maybe true but I am not sure.

Sorry but I can't help with how to fit the aftermarket slave. Maybe you could post a photo?
Can you remove the crosspin?
But an older pushrod?
Contact the manufacturer of the slave to see if they have run into this and have suggestions?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim,

I haven't received an answer back from the manufacturer but I did do some more research. I tried removing the pin but it was in there pretty good. I did not want to risk using any sort of tool on it for fear of scarring the rod resulting in the possibility of tearing an o-ring.

It also appears that the pushrod is a mm or two too long even with the pin in place.

I will contact the dealership next week and check on the price of a 10-11 pushrod. If it is not ridiculously expensive I will pick one up just to see if it will work.

·
Registered
157 Posts
On my first Multistrada 1200 from May 2010 my dealer installed a DP clutch slave cilinder and this part is now installed on my 1200 PP from 2012.

So it must fit or my PP is not as new as it chould be.

(the radiator of my PP is blocked, it's a whole story but i'm waiting on a reaction from Ducati before putting it all on the web)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts