Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed an aftermarket alarm ( ie. not the ducati one ) like the rlink or the ignitor m2 ? Also what are people thoughts on the ducati alarm ?

cheers
WitC

·
Registered
720 Posts
nothing installed, dealer advised me not to in view of the canbus electronics and problems associated with interference with the bike electronics.
This is for Dutch approved SCM3 alarms.

Found an insurance company who will insure without SCM3 alarm which suits me fine.
Wouldn't know by the way where to put the alarm as space is minimal on this bike.

Good luck

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the feedback joris. I was guessing there will be a space where the DP alarm goes, or failing that, then maybe in under the fairing somewhere. I think the ignitor may not work as I dont think yiu wpuld bevable to disable the alarm by uding the ingition. It takes too long to enable/disable the ignition with the hands free system. I guess you could just leave it enabled, and controll it by SMS...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've used a Scorpio paging alarm system on various bikes with great success. I've also installed them on BMW's with canbus with no problems.
You will need to wire all your accessories through a fuse box which is wired to your battery. From there you can run any after market items you have enough power to use.
Eastern Beaver has a very smart solid state fuse box, and will build you any harness needed for your bike. Check them out.
My KTM with the Scoripo system has done the North South ride from
Alaska to the tip of S.A. twice and been across Europe through Russia
and into China and another 50,000 miles , with lots of rough dirt tracks.
Check it out.
I'm in the process of installing the above fuse box and alarm on my
multi.
Twist It, Max

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice write up tim. thanks for the photos of the install . I was surprised it fitted so neatly under the seat ?
cheers
witc

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi max, does the alarm your using send gps loc by sms ?

cheers, wit c.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts