Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
BBS change

This has been very helpful, thank you guys so much.

FYI, if you need to change the BBS unit for whatever reason (mine went t*ts up) you will need to go through this procedure.

Merry Christmas to all!:x

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Need help with this gear indicator trouble, if anyone heard of a solution Id be most grateful.
Attached picture of the dash indicating C and flashing, neutral light also flashes.
The sensor is functional.
When sensor is unplugged from the harness it indicates a steady '-'.
With the sensor plugged in and C flashing, putting it in second gear will render '-' for two seconds and then back to C flashing.

Any ideas/experiences are most welcome!
Need help with this gear indicator trouble, if anyone heard of a solution Id be most grateful.
Attached picture of the dash indicating C and flashing, neutral light also flashes.
The sensor is functional.
When sensor is unplugged from the harness it indicates a steady '-'.
With the sensor plugged in and C flashing, putting it in second gear will render '-' for two seconds and then back to C flashing.

Any ideas/experiences are most welcome!
Problem solved!

If the indicator says C it means it has lost its calibration and is now asking to be recalibrated.
To reprogram it follow these steps:
-Start bike
-Pull clutch in and engage first gear, indicator will show a '-' for a short while then C starts flashing, its now ok with first gear
-Pull clutch and engage second gear, indicator will show a '-' for a short while then C starts flashing, its now ok with 2nd gear
Repeat until sixth
Do the same going from 6th to 1st and last neutral, indicator will show N briefly and then back to C flashing.
Now go through the gears in same manner as first time, done.
Just verified doing it myself.

VERY easy looooooooooooool
This isnt in any of the manuals, found it in the panigale folder from ducati training, what a bloody joke :D
Thanks a lot for sharing, I just bought an 1199 Panigale, the battery was gone, after replacing it I got that error, I called the dealer for help: he said I had to bring the bike to him.....
I followed your procedure and it worked! So, either they wanted to make easy money, or they didn't know this procedure.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts