Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I've googled for ages. Could anybody please give me the resistance ratings for the fuel sensor on 2v 1000 or 1100 Multistrada?

I'm working on a project, and I need the 7.1 error to go away (fuel sensor short-circuit to battery +) which you will get if you don't have a sensor connected. I would like to know the resistance rating with the tank some where between half and full tank of fuel. Please, anybody?

If anybody knows a smart solution to this problem, please let me know. I've seen the mts1200 guys just using a resistor between sensor 5v supply and the sensor pin on the ECU (or on the connector). Will this be a permanent solution to eliminate the sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I will try a 10k ohms resistor. That would be only 0.0025 watts on 5v, and should be within the range of the sensor. I think the fuel level sensors range usually is between a few hundred ohms to around 55k. At least on the newer models.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Andeaz,

just doing a fuel tank swap on my MTS1000DS.

Fuel Sensor:

Measured resistance empty = 100K ohms

Turned the sensor upside down to get float to the top and measured resistance = 10k ohms

Hope that helps.
(I've not forgot to do the xdf stuff).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andeaz,

just doing a fuel tank swap on my MTS1000DS.

Fuel Sensor:

Measured resistance empty = 100K ohms

Turned the sensor upside down to get float to the top and measured resistance = 10k ohms

Hope that helps.
(I've not forgot to do the xdf stuff).
Thanks Steve. That's superb! I appreciate it :)

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts