Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bummer to hear about the dash!

I too had to have a fork seal replaced at the 600 mile service.
Thanks for the aside on the fork seal. I have 360 miles on my one week old bike and walked straight to the garage to check my seals when I read your post. I'm okay. My 2014 MS never had anything go wrong for 15K miles when I sold it in 2017. Dumbest decision I ever made.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The dash installation/recovery manual literally states "you will never have a bricked dash that will require replacement". Well I guess mine proved them wrong.
What were they thinking to say such a thing? :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of "This ship is unsinkable".

·
Registered
141 Posts
So I just got the call tonight that my bike is ready for pick-up. Dash was unbricked without replacement, ARAS was turned on and the TPMS sensors were installed and activated. I'm going to pick her up tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
So I just got the call tonight that my bike is ready for pick-up. Dash was unbricked without replacement, ARAS was turned on and the TPMS sensors were installed and activated. I'm going to pick her up tomorrow after work.
Excellent news!
Really curious to hear your feedback once you tested the features a bit.

I'm still unsure about activating mine it at this point. I was at my dealer yesterday, picking up the engine sumpguard plate for my Mutli, and I asked how much it would cost me.
In Canada, the bill would be north of CAD 1400$ (1000$ + 1.5h labor + taxes) and at this point I'd rather use that money toward an Akra exhaust system or a used enduro bike :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
What were they thinking to say such a thing? :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of "This ship is unsinkable".
IMHO in this day and age of tech, having something be bricked to the point of hardware replacement would be pretty f*cking unforgivable, barring an actual issue with the hardware / memory / etc. firmware reset / restores should be commonplace at this point if it were REALLY hosed, and then it's a matter of loading in the correct software once the bike loads the firmware OS.

It's f*cking ridiculous to watch motorcycle companies struggle with this sh!t. Even cheap $200 smartphones don't have these kinds of issues unless there's a super serious problem. I've been hearing about bricked bikes for years now.
My dealer f*cked my 2014 PP years ago on a routine update and apparently loaded the Multi GT OS on it - spent 2 wks at the dealer working with italy techs to figure out how to reset it.

I swear it's like watching monkeys try to operate a space shuttle car.

Edited - this sh!t is not anywhere near as complicated as a space shuttle lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great news for me, I picked up my bike today after work and the ARAS, ACC and BSD are working as advertised. I also got my TPMS mounted and enabled. Total was $850 for the ARAS + 3 hours of labor for everything. Dealer did a fantastic job overall, I felt bad for the tech who slaved over all of the mess-ups but I guess this is what we get for being early adopters. He said they will try to charge Ducati 4 more hours of labor for the bricked dash that only got unbricked after the diagnostic software got another software patch from Italy yesterday.

The TPMS works as advertised, displays the measurements in Bar, but I'm perfectly fine with that and you can set thresholds, I don't know what happens if the pressure drops below the threshold, I assume I get some kind of warning on the screen.

As for the Blind Spot and Adaptive Cruise Control, they work amazingly well and just as I would expect them to work, maybe even better. The closest following distance of 0.8 seconds is almost too close for my taste. I followed a car through a city corner without applying brakes of my own and the bike just did its thing. The system works really well, although I have yet to trust it as much as I trust the one in my cars, probably with time trust will be gained.

While I thought the ACC was the major selling point and the Blind Spot Assist was a gimmicky nice thing to have, I was wrong. I think the BSD is just as useful and works just as impressively as the ACC does. It is a game changer.

Anyone who picked up a V4S and opts to not turn on this feature is missing out on something special. Not having this system is just not an option.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No it is not true. You will have an option in the settings to turn the adaptive feature off.
There is no option to turn the adaptive feature off. But the system operates in non-adaptive regular mode when it detects no cars ahead of you, I don't understand why anyone would want to cripple the system on purpose. It works identically to the ones in my Mercedes, VW, and Audi, meaning the system is always active.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
There is no option to turn the adaptive feature off. But the system operates in non-adaptive regular mode when it detects no cars ahead of you, I don't understand why anyone would want to cripple the system on purpose. It works identically to the ones in my Mercedes, VW, and Audi, meaning the system is always active.
Mine was activated yesterday. I rode about 350 miles today from San Diego to Bishop using the Adaptive Cruise Control. I’ve used Toyota/Lexus versions since 2009 and really like using it on a motorcycle as well.

I agree, the Blind Spot detection is wonderful. It was nice when I was alerted that some knucklehead felt the need to pass at
inappropriate times. That way I can move over and perhaps give myself a little additional room for the pending head on collision. I use my mirrors regularly to keep an eye on what’s going on around me, but the bike told me about a lot more activity approaching from the rear than I would have noticed on my own.
I like it a lot.

I did a fair amount of lane splitting (lane sharing sounds nicer) and did not find it distracting at all. I was even able to activate the Adaptive Cruise Control while lane sharing. I don’t recommend that. I only did it for science purposes.

One reason where I may want to switch to old fashioned 20th Century Cruise Control would be if the sensor became obstructed. Someone mentioned lots of bugs can do that. Rather than pulling over to clean them up, it may be nice to just use standard Cruise until a convenient time to pull over.

I know, I know. The rest of the world has had this technology since February. We are just excited to finally come out of the dark ages in our little country

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
If you unplug one mirror, the Blind Spot Detection will still work on the one side that is plugged in. You will see a little red light on the screen that reads “BSD!” letting you know it is not fully functioning.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went to my dealer on Monday only to find out after waiting for an hour and a half that they couldn't download the ACC because they did not have the manual to give to me. So I will have to do another trip to the dealer after making sure they have the manual.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
16 Posts
Got my radar activated on Wednesday. It’s great, and definitely worth it in my opinion.

It really seems like there’s a different procedure depending on what dealer you go to. I paid the Wednesday prior for it so they could do the activation during my 600 mile service that Friday. When I came in for my service, they couldn’t activate it because they said Italy hadn’t activated my vin number yet for it, which is why they were having me pay for it a few days prior. I made a new appointment for last Wednesday and they were able to activate it successfully.

They did it without giving me a manual so it must not be a requirement. I declined it since I have a PDF and they wanted to charge me $50.00 for it.

Other people were able to get the radar activated on the spot without paying upfront, and also not getting charged for the manual. There are also some that aren’t able to even do it without getting the manual it seems.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts