Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Hello,

So, I've had a setback while mounting my Givi TN7413 crash bars on my MTS V4.
I had the bike on the center stand and when I unplug the 2 screws near the right footpeg (red), all that part went upwards (blue) and now I can't screw the bolts to lock that position.
The first impulse was to change the bike from the center stand to the lateral one.
Can anyone help me with this issue? Is there a way to unmount all that set piece and lower it?
I'm a little worry about taking it to the dealer because of the warranty.

Thank you.
View attachment 1042406

View attachment 1042405
I did the same thing! :ROFLMAO:;) Put the bike on the side stand as soon as possible!! Then get the foot peg/brake pedal mounting plate back in alignment. It's a tight fit so it might take some work, I used a little prybar wrapped in cloth so as to not scratch anything. Then use something long and round (screwdriver, etc..) to make sure the holes are perfectly aligned before putting the bolts back in.

You'll be very happy with the crash bar once complete. The Givi crash bar is very well made and the best looking one IMO

馃嵒

Registered
I did the same thing! :ROFLMAO:;) Put the bike on the side stand as soon as possible!! Then get the foot peg/brake pedal mounting plate back in alignment. It's a tight fit so it might take some work, I used a little prybar wrapped in cloth so as to not scratch anything. Then use something long and round (screwdriver, etc..) to make sure the holes are perfectly aligned before putting the bolts back in.

You'll be very happy with the crash bar once complete. The Givi crash bar is very well made and the best looking one IMO

馃嵒
Here's a picture from the side in question (right). Just take your time getting everything lined up - It'll be fine 馃嵒 :)
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Registered
So glad I'm not the only one.. :LOL:
I'll try it today, thank you.

You have the side black plastic fit over the bar on the right, didn't think it was possible.
They really look good! :D
Yes, I just slid the plastic cover out of the way (did not remove) to access the bolts and then slid it back over once the bars were installed.

Registered
1 - 7 of 7 Posts