Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a BMW dealer to take a real good look at a '10 Multi S, with panniers, slip on Termi and taller screen (1600miles). Bike was beautiful, except it had 2 cracked areas where the side panels meet the tank panel, close to the filler cap. It looks like the screws were over-torqued or the nutserts were giving way. We talked pricing assuming the tank panel was covered under warranty and $16,500 was the final price out the door (but I assumed all responsibility for the tank panel issue). I figured I'd head over to Ducati and ask them aboout the coverage.

While at the dealer, I'm staring at this 2012 Multi S in the parking lot with a tag and think.... customer bike! Wrong, brand new dealer demo full of gas and the sales guy says take her out!! Hmmmmm..... never rode one yet. Might ruin the excitement. Not!!! Off I go for a nice 30 mile ride.

First impressions: Buffeting, WTF is up with the center stand location?, back brake sucks but who cares because the front is great, clutch and transmission are tight and stiff, needs a pipe of some sort so it doesn't sound like a drowning sewing machine, suspension is great, no surging (compared to my Superduke). Nice power from 3500 and up. Started in Urban mode (nice), touring mode (better), sport mode (oooohh La! La!), Enduro and it raised up where I'm on my toes.

I see why you shouldn't ride one:). It's like shopping for a puppy - you gotta take one home. I think I'm buying a 2012. I'll try Tuesday - My duke and $14,000? Never got a straight answer on the cracked tank panel for the 2010.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I pick my new multi s Touring up this coming friday. I bought the bike without even test riding it. This is the first time i have ever done this!!!!:eek:

I have have various ducatis and none have been disapointing. on avarage, I will buy a new bike every couple years, and i always buy somthing a little different each time.

I have owned a 1100s multi, and it was one of the best bikes I ave ever ridden. So , I asume that the 1200 will be just as good but with 60 more HP!!! now that has to be fun!!.

I almost bought a new panagali, (because they have nearly 200hp!),
But i thought the multi would be a better all round bike.

Bit hard to go the back fire road ways on a panagali.:D

So, I hope that the new multi is going to be exiting and as fast as everyone here says! Cant wait untill friday:)
Dan

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Went to a BMW dealer ...Blah, blah, blah...
While at the dealer, I'm staring at this 2012 Multi S ...Bbb...Off I go for a nice 30 mile ride. ...Bbb..I'm buying a 2012.
Hook, line and sinker. I walked in to the dealer, threw up my hands and said "Give me the key, I guess I should ride it." He grinned. When I got back, it was done.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Went to a BMW dealer.... Bike was beautiful, except it had 2 cracked areas where the side panels meet the tank panel, close to the filler cap. It looks like the screws were over-torqued or the nutserts were giving way.
Mine did the same thing but the screws had never been removed. Mine cracked due to the tank swelling. Its a known issue and the dealership in NYC replaced my tank and tank cover at no cost to me.

Enjoy your future Multi purchase. They are a blast! I have done several 800+ mile days and rode over 1000 miles to a trackday down in Alabama. No regrets on my purchase at all. Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts