Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought the Puig Racing Screen for my DVT on Amazon.co.uk and had it shipped here. I couldn't find a US Distributor that had any, or even knew about them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd email Puig USA and ask if the screen is available yet. They got back to me very quickly when I asked about it in December. If the screens are available, you can ask Puig where to purchase one. Or email Revzilla. They're a Puig dealer and happy to special-order stuff that isn't listed on their website, as long as Puig USA says it's available.

·
Registered
282 Posts
For 2015 and later. I'm told they're stateside, has anyone found where.
I have been waiting for this wind screen for months. I emailed Puig on December 18 and this is the response I got:

"These have not been released yet. It will be available in the U.S. by early March."

Puig For the bike model Ducati MULTISTRADA 1200S 2016 | Puig

I'd really like to get on as soon as they become available. I also called Revzilla back in December and it was a no go. I'll have to try again.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I called Twisted throttle about these and/or the MRA windscreens. TT said the MRA ones are in the process of being added to the distribution channel and should be available in 2-3 weeks for order.

·
Registered
348 Posts
FWIW, I emailed Puig earlier this week and was told the touring windscreen for DVT Multis would be available by April 28th.

·
Registered
282 Posts
FWIW, I emailed Puig earlier this week and was told the touring windscreen for DVT Multis would be available by April 28th.
Thanks, when I emailed them in December they told me late March. I did check European vendors but decided to wait for a US vendor in case I run into issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Revzilla has these in stock now. Just installed it and took some before and after pics to see the difference in coverage.

My first impression after a 20 minute test ride at speeds up to and including "Ludicrous":

At 6'2" on the raised stock seat config, I noticed a definite improvement with less buffeting in both lowered and raised positions. This thing is thick and rigid too so a lot less flex.

Definitely worth the $.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Didn't like the Puig touring on the Enduro, then again i like to ride visor up from my GS days.

I'm 5'-11" with low seat and the airflow hits me between shoulders and temple...so the visor won't stay up...have a 21" 7Jurock on order and should be here soon.

Riding with visor off right now and if i duck down 1" it awesome...in tha bubble :)

My 2c.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe you should try the Puig clip on deflector along with their windscreen instead.

I picked up the Puig "race" shorty version and their version of the clip on vario deflector. Pics and review to follow after the weekend.

BTW - I am also just shy of 5'11" and have the low seat on my Enduro too... I'm thinking of removing the factory 30mm spacers under the bars which would lower your shoulders some and put your head a little bit lower into that pocket of calm air....

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just tried both the touring and race and they both made a creaking noise while riding. I noticed that they do not have the recess below the top two mounts like the bottom, so when I put some velcro on the bracket, it went away. I'm told that PUIG knows about the issue and have made some improvments. I sent them both back...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Finally broke down and bought the Puig Touring Windscreen for my 2016 Multistrada 1200S. I only used it for a few hundred miles, but thought I'd write-up a quick review in case anyone else is thinking about purchasing one.

High position (click photos for full-sized originals):

Low position:

Closeup:

Installation
Installation, of course, is pretty easy. The only slight hassle is that you have to remove the three rubber bushings from the stock screen and install them in the Puig screen. If you were going to swap screens regularly, you'd probably want to order extra bushings. They seem to run $7-8/ea from what I could see online. Bolting the new screen to the bike is relatively easy: I got two of the three bolts in without a problem but had to put some pressure on the screen to get the third bolt to line-up.

Review
The Puig touring screen is several inches taller than the stock screen, but not really any wider. It provides a slight increase in wind protection, but probably not enough to justify the cost. Adding the accessory "visor" might improve wind protection but it also increases cost and, in my opinion, looks awful. If you're thinking about purchasing the Puig touring screen, there are a number of problems you should know about..

Problem #1: I'm 5'9" tall with a 32" inseam. In the highest position, the top edge of the Puig touring windscreen cuts right across my field of vision. If I sit bolt upright, I can see over the screen. If I slouch at all, I end up seeing half the world through the windscreen and half not. The optics of the screen are good, but you it's still obvious that you're looking through plastic. Lowering the screen by one notch removes this problem, but then you're back to the height of the stock screen in the highest position and lose the benefits of the Puig screen. The air directly behind the screen is relatively turbulent, so trying to get your entire helmet behind the screen doesn't really help.

Problem #2: The screen doesn't fit the my bike very well. In particular, there's almost no space between the edges of the screen and the the plastic behind the screen. This wouldn't be a problem... except for the fact that it causes the edge of the screen to rattle against the plastic. The rattle is somewhat inconsistent, but I hear it frequently in the 2000-5000RPM rev range. So pretty much any time the bike is sitting still or when cruising around town. On my bike, the rattle is loud enough to be annoying, even when wearing NRR 33 earplugs. Here's a crappy cellphone video of just how easily the screen makes contact with the bodywork:

https://youtu.be/GDkW8Cu0Hwo

You could likely cure this problem by putting some foam behind the screen to prevent it from making contact with the plastic, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Conclusion

For me, the Puig touring screen ended up being a waste of money. Due to the minimal increase in wind protection and incessant rattling, I removed it from the bike after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That was the exact same problem that I was having... I put some velcro behind it to stop the noise but decided to take it off and send it back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to drill out the mounting holes a little bit on my Puig Touring screen to be able to mount it. Somewhat surprising considering it was designed for the Multi, but it seems to work fine now (if a bit flimsy).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts