Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been lurking around here for a while. Lots of usable information that I appreciate.
I'm really not a newbie biker, been riding for many , many years, have 21 years of racing in
my past. With that ,came a lot of wrenching. But I'm installing new tires on the 2018 MTS.
Just asking, where or where not to apply grease. I'm not used to the single sided swingarm
and such. Thanks, I'm also working on redoing a 900ss.
Gary

·
Registered
199 Posts
I apply it to the nut before re-fitting/torquing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's best to cover the tread of the tires with a healthy coating of grease..to keep them shiny and looking new. And don't forget the brake rotors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gary: I could only find the 2016 Enduro service manual on line. It states to grease the spindle, the spacers, the thread and under the head of the retaining nut and under the heads of the caliper screws. Removal of the calipers every time the wheel is removed is a new one for me.

What do you mean by 900SS? You a Bevelhead?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hi all, I've been lurking around here for a while. Lots of usable information that I appreciate.

I'm really not a newbie biker, been riding for many , many years, have 21 years of racing in

my past. With that ,came a lot of wrenching. But I'm installing new tires on the 2018 MTS.

Just asking, where or where not to apply grease. I'm not used to the single sided swingarm

and such. Thanks, I'm also working on redoing a 900ss.

Gary

It will apply to your 2018 in regards to your question

http://www.madcogz.com/MSTD1200s/wsm/usa/home.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts