Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how come my clutch oil is getting gray like the rear brake only 9500 kilos dealer says its normal i need a oil change for the clutch at 10 000 kilos i dont think so thanks.:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,446 Posts
Won't hurt to change it...
Lots of heat down there (I hear)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
my clutch fluid was dark brown after < 1 yr (4K miles or so), and my clutch engagement was not smooth at all. We bled the clutch, and basically changed the fluid, and it was like a new bike!

My rear brake fluid is pretty much black, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
how come my clutch oil is getting gray like the rear brake only 9500 kilos dealer says its normal i need a oil change for the clutch at 10 000 kilos i dont think so thanks.:confused:
mine isn't gray, like golden color... 8000km :think:

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
This is common among all hydraulic clutch motorcycles. I did mine at 10k miles since it was quite black. It is a rather easy DIY job. Its like bleeding brakes. Suck out the old from the reservoir with a syringe. Add new. Hook up a hose to the bleeder on the slave cylinder and work the bleeder and clutch lever until clear fluid flows out. Make sure the reservoir maintains fluid while doing this. BTW, it uses DOT 4 fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts