Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have the '15 DVT S and considering trading her in on the newer 1260 S. Am trying to find info on whether the rear spring has been beefed up with a stiffer spring on the new model or is the setup the same as the previous gen DVT with skyhook? I do alot of 2 up loaded riding and found the 15' MTS to be to soft with the headlight pointing skywards at night blinding oncoming traffic, so hoping the new model has a stiffer beefier rear spring to handle the load better.?

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all. I have the '15 DVT S and considering trading her in on the newer 1260 S. Am trying to find info on whether the rear spring has been beefed up with a stiffer spring on the new model or is the setup the same as the previous gen DVT with skyhook? I do alot of 2 up loaded riding and found the 15' MTS to be to soft with the headlight pointing skywards at night blinding oncoming traffic, so hoping the new model has a stiffer beefier rear spring to handle the load better.?

It will be different as the suspension geometry is totally different, ie swing arm extended 56mm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be different as the suspension geometry is totally different, ie swing arm extended 56mm
OK thanks I get the wheel base is longer and more rake etc, but is the spring stronger so there is less sag or does the different geometry setup now work better and eliminates the soft spring sag issue with pillion from the 15-17 year model.

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK thanks I get the wheel base is longer and more rake etc, but is the spring stronger so there is less sag or does the different geometry setup now work better and eliminates the soft spring sag issue with pillion from the 15-17 year model.

Spring would have to be stronger to cope with the extra leverage, but overall I have found my 1260 is sprung much the same as my old DVT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spring would have to be stronger to cope with the extra leverage, but overall I have found my 1260 is sprung much the same as my old DVT
Thanks bud.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From the Australian Ducati importer.
The rear shock for a 1200 S 2017 has a dual rate progressive spring. Unloaded it is 106NM spring but with 30mm spring travel it increases to 115NM Spring. Free length is 215mm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts