Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I noticed such a defect.
Can you check on your motorcycles? I have a motorcycle from the new one.
No accidents.
I applied to Ducati but they do not know what to do about it. Engineers did not predict that the rocker was longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you have the rubber sleeve over the lower supports.l cant see one on the photo that shows the bike in nb the background.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I didn't think those could even touch... must have been VERY bumpy roads!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roads like everywhere.
Sometimes even better.
The pannier should not rub against the swing arm entire suspension range, I think.
The Ducati dealer has tested bike with two people and rubs on every road.
They sent a movie to Ducati and I am waiting 2 weeks for a reply. The motorcycle can not go with the trunks.
The end of the season …
By the way, there is a service campaign on the exhaust that rubs against the right trunk. I also had this fault. Mileage 8200 km.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
768 Posts
By the way, there is a service campaign on the exhaust that rubs against the right trunk. I also had this fault. Mileage 8200 km.
I just did a day with the panniers on and noticed that the heat shield on the right pannier has rubbed a hole in the exhaust. Pix below. What was the fix? I am about to take it in to a dealer and it would help to go in with some info on the campaign to fix this.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just did a day with the panniers on and noticed that the heat shield on the right pannier has rubbed a hole in the exhaust. Pix below. What was the fix? I am about to take it in to a dealer and it would help to go in with some info on the campaign to fix this.
The clamp that holds the muffler to the cat has a locating notch and pin. The muffler can be rotated slightly and should be able to be twisted in at the top. If there is still not enough clearance then the clamp has been welded in the wrong position and may need to be ground down to allow more rotation. Easy to check but if you're still in warranty then someone owes you a new muffler. Unless of course you had it off and back on yourself.

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
768 Posts
The clamp that holds the muffler to the cat has a locating notch and pin. The muffler can be rotated slightly and should be able to be twisted in at the top. If there is still not enough clearance then the clamp has been welded in the wrong position and may need to be ground down to allow more rotation. Easy to check but if you're still in warranty then someone owes you a new muffler. Unless of course you had it off and back on yourself.
Checked the location of the pin and the clamp. The top of the exhaust cannot be rotated far enough away from the heat shield to prevent them from vibrating against each other. According to the OP it is a known issue and Ducati has a fix.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Checked the location of the pin and the clamp. The top of the exhaust cannot be rotated far enough away from the heat shield to prevent them from vibrating against each other. According to the OP it is a known issue and Ducati has a fix.
Yup seems like they have a redesigned pannier or heat shield.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just got the bags installed on my 2018 a few days ago. I'll go get a couple of pics and post up later. I'm hoping these don't rub like that.

I haven't ridden with them yet since the dealer forgot to order the color panels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok, here's a couple of pics of my '18. On side stand, suspension set to rider and luggage and nothing in the bags. Appears I have plenty of room but I will keep an eye on them, especially when I pack them and add the wife on board.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yes I have this rubber.
Swingarm scratched after a long journey through Romania (bumpy roads).
That's nothing. Roads in Quebec are so full of potholes your swingarm would likely scratch the seat.
And to add insult to injury...

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts