Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latch unlocks when I turn the lock to the open position without having to press the top red button... kinda makes the top red button useless.

Am I supposed to be able to open the lock without the latch coming unlocked?

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
You need to turn the lock. and then press the red button to open. Something's not right there.

I remember the assembly of the lock is a bit tricky....maybe it is not assemn=bled properly?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Is it new?
My topbox latch was a bit flakey for a week or so when I first got it while the seals settled in. Works fine now.

The setup used is a little annoying. You insert the key and rotate 90o to unlock. It should NOT pop open yet. Press red button to pop the latch. You cannot take the key out when the lock is in open position, so you have to lock it at all times when closed. Why?

Gilles, if yours is new, make sure the top part of the latch is fully inserted before pushing the bottom part of the latch in to lock. Maybe it is not fully "hooked in". give it a bit of time and if still doing this, I quess it is misaligned and I would take it back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just reinstalled the latch. I'm following the directions. Same thing is happening.

Just to be clear: the top case pops open half way when I turn the key to the open position. I say half way because I need to push the case down then fiddle with the latch to get the clam shell all the way open. The latch that secures it to the luggage rack stays put just fine.

Not sure WTF I'm doing wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.