Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 DVT. Under 5K miles. Never had a problem with her. I was taking a quick little backroad ride and noticed that my fuel gauge was intermittently jumping from 3/4 tank to zero fuel and back again. Rode back home, issue persists. I'm due for a service soon so I'll have them check it out then, but it's a three hour ride to the nearest dealer. I did put a tank of Ethanol free fuel in it the last fill up, which it hasn't had before. Could this be the source for the issue? Seems more electrical to me, but I'm no expert. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
259 Posts
2015 DVT. Under 5K miles. Never had a problem with her. I was taking a quick little backroad ride and noticed that my fuel gauge was intermittently jumping from 3/4 tank to zero fuel and back again. Rode back home, issue persists. I'm due for a service soon so I'll have them check it out then, but it's a three hour ride to the nearest dealer. I did put a tank of Ethanol free fuel in it the last fill up, which it hasn't had before. Could this be the source for the issue? Seems more electrical to me, but I'm no expert. Anyone else have this issue?

Very common. Search the forums. Many people have had several sensors replaced on the same bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Mine has never had a problem but my sensor was replaced under warranty 2 years ago... if yours was never replaced then that might explain the problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Fuel Level Sensors have gone thru 6 levels of "revision" since their introduction. I have no idea what revision my 2016 1200S (in service August 2015) had in it originally, but it was replaced under warranty in February 2017 and failed yet again in March/April of this year.

I gave up n trying to work thru the local dealers for warranty service so just ordered a replacement from Ducati Omaha ( $108) and fixed it myself. The latest part is a Rev F........

Ducati has used the same manufacturer for quite some time and evidently the small magnetic reed switches fail at some point....

Cheers, D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts