Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hullo people, new member here, living in Australia, riding a 2018 MS 950.
I love the bike, but not the wind noise and buffeting from the windshield.
Forgive me if this question has been posted previously..... can anyone please advise if the Aztec spacers are still available, and how I can go about making contact with the supplier.
Regards Ian

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got one of these:

It is surprisingly well made, clips to the top of the windscreen, and eliminated the buffeting completely.
I ride year-round. In cold weather it angles up to keep wind off me. In hot weather it angles down, and provides smooth, clean air directly into the face and flows plenty of air through my helmet vents.
I've been happy.

·
Registered
2019 Multistrada PP
95 Posts
I just installed the iconic spacers on my Pikes Peak with carbon screen and there is a reduction in wind buffeting. Using a stock screen or Puig touring screen with no spacers created unwanted buffeting at highway speeds. I have a Puig attachment similar to PilotAlan's but looks not so good to me. I find that a shorter screen like the Pikes Peak carbon or Puig short screen produces cleaner air with less buffeting at the expense of wind on your chest.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I just installed the iconic spacers on my Pikes Peak with carbon screen and there is a reduction in wind buffeting. Using a stock screen or Puig touring screen with no spacers created unwanted buffeting at highway speeds. I have a Puig attachment similar to PilotAlan's but looks not so good to me. I find that a shorter screen like the Pikes Peak carbon or Puig short screen produces cleaner air with less buffeting at the expense of wind on your chest.
I would be very interested in seeing what the Pikes Peak screen looks like mounted on those Iconic spacers. Could you post some photos?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Morning @Ian Oz
I had the same problem with the stock screen on my '16 Enduro (I think they share the same screen)
I cut mine down and now it's freaking awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morning @Ian Oz
I had the same problem with the stock screen on my '16 Enduro (I think they share the same screen)
I cut mine down and now it's freaking awesome.
hey Griff, I’ve been thinking about doing just that, my MS screen looks r
the same. Would you pls tell me what you used to cut the screen down, that is, what tool, and did you do it in stages to get the optimum effect, cheers Ian

·
Registered
26 Posts
Howdy Ian, I taped out the shape I wanted ti to be and cut it with a thin cut-off wheel on my grinder. The trick to not cracking it is to go very slow and steady and allow the wheel to heat it and melt through it. I also cut close to the line I wanted but not on it, then finished it with a bastard file, and then hand sanding it.
Finally, I sprayed it with some plastic primer, and then some satin black.
Now - the reason I sprayed it, and the reason I didn't give a crap if I wrecked it was on about the 3rd day of owning the bike I was filling up at a servo and fuel sprayed out of the filler onto the screen, leaving a hell of a stain on it (it had been a clear screen) But it went very well, and saved me a few hundred bucks on a carbon screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks heaps guys for your replies....... for the time being, I’m going to try the Iconic spacers.... I’ll report back when they’re in place and road tested, cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
My Iconic spacers made no difference at all; I think a lot of the success reducing buffeting has to do with head height. With my 2017 Enduro screen all the way up, I get a lot of buffeting; more noise than actual physical head movements. If I dip down just a few inches all is OK so I'm pretty confident that attaching a deflector on top of the screen will probably do the job. For now, I just put ear plugs in and all is OK. Good luck Ian.

·
Sophomore Member
2,783 Posts
Helmet shape plays into it as well. On my previous Multi, I switched to a helmet designed for a naked bike. When I did so, I got a lot of noise and buffeting with my large screen. I put a short screen on to give me full air flow on the helmet, and everything settled down beautifully. Sometimes, less is more with a windscreen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts