Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, in the many threads I have read about curing the wind noise I have only found one comment TexMexStrada that said he was using the TOUR version of the x-creen. I use the OEM GT screen and the Puig Racing screen along with a little Ebay add-on deflector on both screens. Still not happy.

I have used a Scorpion (hot and noisy), ARAI Corsair V (light, very breezy and loud) and now my newest AGV Sportmodular (super light, not as breezy, much quieter) helmet and the beating I take is only slightly better than before. I would prefer to not have a barn door in front of me so I was thinking about using the X-creen with the Puig Racing.

Been thinking about bar end mirrors as well to help clean up the air. Also exhaust...mods never end.

Any feedback would be most helpful. Going to head to Home Depot to search for parts to get the windscreen to stand off the bike (aztec spacers).

Thanks! Pic to show goodies at picked up MotoGP Austin. AGV and rolling bike stand.

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can't work out the spacers yourself, there's a user over on ducati.co.uk who makes a product similar to the aztecs. He has them available for all multistradas from 2012 and on. Here's a relevant link: https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/multistrada-screen-spacers-all-models.63050/

I have both the stock and CalSci medium screens for my 2016. Without the spacers, the screens are pretty much equally bad. My current best set up is the CalSci screen installed on the spacers and with the CalSci vent hole covered (hilariously defeating the unique feature of the CalSci screens.) I've done ~400 miles with this setup. Spacers and screen are holding up nicely. I'd estimate that, comparing my current setup to the stock setup, the overall nose is reduced by 80% and the buffeting vibrations are all but gone. FWIW, I'm 5'11".

Anyway. Maybe give the spacers a shot before you spend a bundle on the screens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used the MRA X-screen on a 2012 with stock windscreen and it worked great. It is, however, a pretty large setup that at least slightly resembles a barn door. For long days in the saddle it's great though.

edit: I believe I had the touring version. I am 6'3". A friend who is shorter had a shorter version.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm using the tour version x-creen on the stock windscreen. I have the removeable version and the double pivot points giving you more variations. When I don't need it, I fold it flat and it's hardly noticeable. It takes a bit of experimenting to find the right height and angle to give you the best result but I found my sweet spot. It's not perfect but certainly a lot better than just the stock shield.
Good wind protection on the MTS1200 is like searching for the Holy Grail as you will find if you read the hundreds of threads here. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts