Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
270 Posts
The MRA provides some options for modulating windscreen noise and buffetting. How effective it is depends on lots of things, such as your height, the distance of your head from the windscreen, etc. It certainly looks better than some of the gigantic plastic slabs that some owners have used to replace their OEM windscreens. If you aren't expecting the MRA to transform your multi into the cockpit of a Goldwing or RT you'll be OK. No regrets with installing the MRA on my 2012.

Attachments

Reactions: Shubz

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the MRA Vario mounted on my 2016 MTS 1200S and my 2016 S1000XR. I have had 5 or 6 bikes in the past and installed MRA Vario's on all of them.

They work and they do allow some"adjustment" for various conditions ( cross winds present and entirely different situation than that of calm wind).

It's the only o windscreen I've found that keeps me comfortable behind the screen ( little buffeting). I ride with a Schuberth C4 so it's very quiet and the buffeting will make considerable noise....

Highly recommended but if you are over 6 ft plus it might be an issue.

As a side note, my Ducati "Navhalter" will fit behind the Vario and I don't think it would clear the stock screen.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The MRA provides some options for modulating windscreen noise and buffetting. How effective it is depends on lots of things, such as your height, the distance of your head from the windscreen, etc. It certainly looks better than some of the gigantic plastic slabs that some owners have used to replace their OEM windscreens. If you aren't expecting the MRA to transform your multi into the cockpit of a Goldwing or RT you'll be OK. No regrets with installing the MRA on my 2012.
GotRoad, I have the same bike and have a couple of questions on your MRA. I assume you used the sport screen to match up with the PP carbon but please confirm. Also, did you find your MRA with the carbon look or did you apply a film on the backside to match up with the PP screen? Either way it blends in nicely.

I'm 6' and while the short screen helps, I find from moving my hand around as a wind block it appears my noise issue originates more from air blowing up from below and into the underside of my helmet...at least that's what I perceive. Still, I'm thinking the MRA would offer improvement.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
... Also, did you find your MRA with the carbon look or did you apply a film on the backside to match up with the PP screen?
You have a sharp eye. I ordered the smoke screen and cut a piece of vinyl with a sunblock dot pattern and applied that to the back of the MRA spoiler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am also a big fan of the MRA Vario. I just installed on MY2016 MT1200S T and it works well. It calms the flow nicely. It doe not create a silent bubble, but all the buffeting is gone and it is extremely comfortable. I have that the MRA on about 5 bikes now. They are quality pieces that give you options and for me it works perfectly. And the bonus is they are not "barn doors" and look nice on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts