Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Marine Corps has decided that it is in it's best interest to send me to Yuma, AZ. While I can't complain...yet...I don't know jack about the riding down there. Or anything else, for that matter. I've been scouring Craigslist and the realtors for homes too, but if there's any better places/info to be had, I'd appreciate that too.

~Paul

·
Administrator
12,950 Posts
It is F'ing HOT there but the Colorado River is close and it's a LOT of fun so I suggest taking up boating for a short while. The best place to go used to be Fishers Landing. I saw my first wet t-shirt contest there when I was 18 :D
Riding is boring as heck out there so you will have to go west towards San Diego, south to the mountains in Mexico or east towards Tucson.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scott is tellin ya the truth. There really isn't alot out there. I hope you have a dirt bike because the imperial sand dunes are close to you. I work at Scottsdale, AZ Ducati. If you ever head up this way you should stop by.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott is tellin ya the truth. There really isn't alot out there. I hope you have a dirt bike because the imperial sand dunes are close to you. I work at Scottsdale, AZ Ducati. If you ever head up this way you should stop by.
It's a long drive from Virginia, I'm sure I'll find myself more than tempted to. :D

·
Administrator
12,950 Posts
Good thinking about dirt bike riding, it is fantastic out there, Glamis, Blow Sands, Split Mountain are all great areas to camp and ride or dune buggy.

·
Premium Member
8,745 Posts
I was there for the first time a few years ago. No twisty roads around, pretty bleak out there. I noticed a lot of sand on the city streets, so you gotta be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts