Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, as it's more appropriate, moving back to Portland. You see, I was born and raised there. Well, Lake Oswego, if we're being detailed.

The skinny; the fiancee has the opportunity to run a franchise doing something she loves and I can work anywhere. She too is from the area - Vancouver. I can work anywhere.

It's been a while since I've really been immersed in the ye olde Rose City. We visit often as her father and brother are across the river and my mother is still in LO. Sister is down in Salem. Family draw is strong.

The liquid sunshine will be a readjustment, for sure, as will the access to world class skiing and mountain biking. The flipside is a much, much longer riding season, a thriving motorbike culture, access to the nirvana that are the eastern Oregon motorcycling roads, the beer, the food and the music scene.

From what I've gathered, housing isn't that cheap and continues to rise. What I'm after is where to live, why and what to expect. Where do you live? Why? What do you know of other areas in the city, rent or demographic-wise?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: made the move a little over a week ago. I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with the Duc Pac fellas and getting out and exploring some of the amazing roads this weekend. It's good to be back. Portland is a rad city.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts