Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Anders in Vancouver BC
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there fellow Duc riders!

So I've been riding in Vancouver BC now since 2015, and prior to that I was in Boston MA, USA. Next month I'm moving to Montreal for work reasons. I know the Montreal winters will be a bit longer, and I know the roads will be quite different.. but I know very little about local dealerships, service, registration & insurance for my 2013 MTS Pikes Peak. I'd greatly appreciate any tips, and any leads on riding in the area would be appreciated as well :grin2:

Much thanks!

-Anders

·
Registered
647 Posts
Expect expensive plates (close to 600$) but cheap insurance (i pay 110$ full coverage for a SF)

No ducati dealer on the island right now, but there's few around. Several good independant mechanics also, like Guy Martin if you need valves/engine work.

Best riding will be Vermont/N-Y/N-H :grin2:

If you use fb check for Ducati Desmo Club Quebec , you'll find buddies to ride there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'd greatly appreciate any tips, and any leads on riding in the area would be appreciated as well
-Anders
Two areas are actually fantastic:
In the GMA proximity, the 300 highways surrounding Mont Tremblant are fun. Secondary roads along the Ottawa river near OKA are great also.
For scenic: The Charlevoix area on the north shore of the St-Laurence seaway. The cliffs and views are spectacular.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Some Cold weather! I moved to Socal and never looked back haha

But i grew up upstate NY near the borded. Now thats Cold..brrr

·
Premium Member
12,121 Posts
Are you not required to have winter tires on your vehicle after a certain date? A paranoid buddy who lives near Ottawa says fines are issued and claims LEO's will nab you even on a motorcycle???
Seems if I remember correctly a large number of the Windsor Ballet Company Dancers (Strip club near the Detroit border) were French...
Sexy Accent and when a girl asked me if I spoke French, I said in my best Francophone accent Yes Jaques Plant,Evon Cornyeah, A couple of Hockey players. And started my counting Un ,Do, Troi , Some were amused some were not...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts