Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If we are to keep this group together WE MUST RIDE!

If Fred is to no longer be apart of the group and lead a ride every weekend (his efforts will be SORELY missed) then that burden falls on us as a group.

I have spoken with several club members and this is the best idea we have come up with. If you have a better one feel free to post it here.

We should each try to sign up to "host" or "lead" a ride. Find a date that works for you and take us somewhere! You are the ride leader. This is your opportunity to really do something great for the group. Make it fun.

So unless anyone has a better idea. Please find a weekend date that works for you and sign up below to lead a ride. When the date gets closer you can post starting points and basic route in a separate thread. If everyone takes a weekend we should be able to cover a couple months worth of rides.

I will take Sat. Sept11 (Sunday in case of bad weather) since I will be out of town next weekend @ MotoGP. I'll post a starting point and route the Monday before the ride.

Ok everybody else take it from here.......

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds like a plan.....

Since I'm out of town still and only get access to the net every far and few in between. I agree that not only one person needs to plan a ride. Everyone should be giving the chance to set up a ride. It really doesnt take much to do. I set one up a while back and met JT and Drew for the first time. The plan was to head north but we extended the North trip and headed to up Hannibal. Routes are flexible and can change on the fly. Just takes a map and 10 minutes to say hey I want to go to East St.Louis or the Sauget Ballet (hahaha) and mapquest the best route.

I think that Fred did a damn good job set up different rides every weekend, even though I only made a few.

Moving on from there should be a group effort and everyone should be given the chance to plan a trip if they choose to. Speaking of which is there any way to place a calender on the website, that we can add/plan dates/edit trips?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Coprob

Monday morning gatlinburg 7am we will head over to deals gap. I will lead :eek: You might want to get up early probably about 530 miles to the gap.:) You guys have fun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just rode to "the gap" in May...fun but I thought there were similar rides nearby with out all of the traffic and hassle that Deals Gap can be.

It is a wonderful part of the country and super riding. Make sure to load up on BBQ.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes the gap is kind of a joke these day.

I go down for the other roads and scenery. Just differant and a beautifull place to ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts