Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'd rather ask a stupid question than do something stupid that results in something broken... :p

I ordered a new set of front brake disks for the 851, but they won't arrive until mid-June. I've got the front wheel off and completely apart for some cleaning, etc., but really need to get the bike into my office this week. Is there any reason why I can't temporarily mount the front wheel without the brake disks to move the bike into the house? I have the brake calipers secured out of the way. I figured I could then quickly pull the wheel with the bike in my office, and put everything back together properly when the disks arrive.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,560 Posts
Yup, go for it. As said, just resist the urge to stop the bike with the front brake. Or perhaps a couple little pieces of wood or whatever between the brake pads if you want to play it safe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks...I already pulled the damn brake lever out of habit taking it out of a roll-in stand, but fortunately, no ill effects. I do plan on placing something between the pads, as I'm sure to do it again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Tape a tennis ball between the brake lever and the bars so no one can squeeze the brake an pop the pistons. in mountain biking when we remove the wheel we pop in a plastic spacer in the caliper so the pistons can't be popped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts