Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did some chain and sprocket maintenance a few days ago and noticed that the motul is very sticky . Seems like a good lubricant would not be . Anyone else use motul chain lube?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
757 Posts
isn't it supposed to be sticky that way it doesn't fling lube all over the place? that or it "hardens".

·
Registered
757 Posts
btw, how's everyone able to get lube on the other side of the chain (non-drive side)? i can spray from the top, bottom, drive-side... but it's a pain on the other side w/o getting lube on the rubber. just use a rag and wipe?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
not a big fan of chain lube but i used to spray it under the swingarm, on the top side of the chain only but enough so that the orings got wet as well. i tried gear oil for a while but didn't like that either, i'm now using an automatic scottoiler on all my bikes and the optional dual head on 2 for best results, i'm up to 22k miles on original chain and sprockets on my blackbird and they're still in pretty good shape which i have never achieved from spray can chain lube.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use Motul and really like it, it's sticky enought to not fling off the chain but still stays moist. Having said that I clean and lube the chain every couple of weeks as I ride it quite a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts