Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be a news flash to anyone but here it goes.
I removed the passenger peg/heel guards the day my bike came home from MotoCorsa here in Portland. Since I weigh as much as two folks there was no chance I was going to carry a passenger not to mention they are not the most attractive parts in the world.
MotoCorsa quoted me $189 for the DP CF heel guards. Yikes!
I'm sure there are countless other websites selling similar heel guards for less. I guess I really wanted something different.
I was following the Fabbri windscreen thread that mentioned PJ's Parts in Kentucky as the dealer. www.pjsparts.com
I thought I would see what other goodies they had for the 'Tard. Low and behold a billet heel guard. Exactly what I was looking for
The price was $89 plus shipping($9 to the left coast).
I ordered them Monday and the showed up Wednesday. That's good service!
What did we do before the internet?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
those heel guards remind me of the erector set i had when i was 5 years old.

ok, stop the snickering ... THIS kind of erector set:

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/erector_meccano/erector_new_design_3.cfm

i know ... battery-operated power tool is NOT helping my case here. :rolleyes:

This may not be a news flash to anyone but here it goes.
I removed the passenger peg/heel guards the day my bike came home from MotoCorsa here in Portland. Since I weigh as much as two folks there was no chance I was going to carry a passenger not to mention they are not the most attractive parts in the world.
MotoCorsa quoted me $189 for the DP CF heel guards. Yikes!
I'm sure there are countless other websites selling similar heel guards for less. I guess I really wanted something different.
I was following the Fabbri windscreen thread that mentioned PJ's Parts in Kentucky as the dealer. www.pjsparts.com
I thought I would see what other goodies they had for the 'Tard. Low and behold a billet heel guard. Exactly what I was looking for
The price was $89 plus shipping($9 to the left coast).
I ordered them Monday and the showed up Wednesday. That's good service!
What did we do before the internet?

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
You kids nowadays, My Erector set had Lincoln Log tech.

·
Registered
123 Posts
here's what i did: i removed the foot guard from the passenger pegs and drilled a hole through it and bolted it directly onto the bottom hole from the passenger pegs mount. looks like it was meant to be there and protects the rear brake master cilynder to boot! I call the mod: "poor man's rear sets"

·
Registered
174 Posts
You may want to fix that safety on your oil fill plug. It's negative. :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm with ya BlueDuc. I also bought a set and love them. When I first saw them in the small picture I wasn't sure, but they look great on the bike when you can see the subframe and other similar looking parts. (The big picture)
Don't mind Johnchypermotard, his comments often sound like a five year old.

·
Registered
592 Posts
here's what i did: i removed the foot guard from the passenger pegs and drilled a hole through it and bolted it directly onto the bottom hole from the passenger pegs mount. looks like it was meant to be there and protects the rear brake master cilynder to boot! I call the mod: "poor man's rear sets"
you may also want to ride the bike. with those dirt levels do you tow it to starbucks in a box?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts