Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We received our Streetfighter a few days ago. We finally found some time to work on it.

We have a lot of product for the Strreetfighter in stock.
so we replaced what we thought would make the biggest difference first.

Here are the results after our first day:

BST CF 7 spoke "Street" Front Wheel: 848, 1098, 1198, Streetfighter, HM

BST CF 7 spoke "Street" Rear Wheel: 1098, 1198, Streetfighter

We also added a pair of RHINOMOTO Front Axle Slider: Ducati 1098/848 and a CF Front Fender "Diversion"

The OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder 29mm will reduce the lever effort by about 30%. It has become our favorite because it is easir to find neutral than the 30mm slave cylinders , the finish and color selection is good. The price is 35% less than the others as well.

A SPEEDYMOTO "Leggero" Sprocket Cover replaces the original plastic sprocket.

We reversed the linkage so we could get "racer" shifting. We will add a reverse shift lever later.

The MW Folding Clutch Lever: 999/1098/S4RS/HM-Black allow us to adjust to a more comfortable position. The folding feature reduces the likely hood of breaking the lever which can leave you stranded far from home or end your track day.

The OBERON "Bar End" Turn Signals: Black/Pr and CRG Blindsight Mirror are our favorites for turn signals and mirrors. They are hardly noticable when on the bike--yet the mirrors provide a very good view of traffic behind you. The turn signals on the barends light up front and back and can be seen day or night.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

We installed a Termi slip-on system for now.

Quat D is making a very interesting modular system for the Streetfighter that will allow you to use the same cannisters in three different configurations: STD position, Higher position with new midpipe (where the top pipe will be mounted above the current top pipe) and a full system with one cannister on each side using all new pipe.

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carbon Belt covers off of a 1098 were installed (CF Belt Cover Set: 1098-1198 ). We had to make a new vent screen because the 1098/1198 version is much larger. We prefer this version because it eliminates the two "hot-wheels"pulley shaped indentions on the SF covers.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are making an Ohlins steering damper fit kit for the Streetfighter.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wow you guys have been busy. Top job..
We know who to call now!
Quat exhaust option sounds good!

·
Registered
24 Posts
When do you guys plan on getting the OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder (black) in stock? I don't see the option on the site so i'm guessing its out of stock :) Thanks.

btw, good work!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Magnificent, gosh I'd love a set of those BST wheels!!

Curious, I mount my own tires, any special tools or caveats mounting tires on these wheels??
Chris

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
one word...SEXY! Please keep us up-to-date on that exhaust development!!!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Magnificent, gosh I'd love a set of those BST wheels!!

Curious, I mount my own tires, any special tools or caveats mounting tires on these wheels??
Chris

There are easy. One just needs to take there time and not use force like any other wheel.

Pull the opposite bead into the middle of the drop area area so you don't have to force the tire on. Most new installers don't do this so they end up using force.

The wheels make a huge difference in turn in, stopping, accelerating and even comfort. They totally change any bike.

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
As far as we are going to get in one day:

Leftover parts from out-patient surgery:

We have a lot more planned for the bike. Tomorrow is our 10th year anniversary open house. Once things get settled down, we will start up again with some more mods.

-M

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Oh 7uck ..you should not have put those on...

I,m going to have to sell a kidney soon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That clutch cover is AWESOME!! Great work !!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yep ,the idea of a can either side appeals to me for a more balanced lookbut I do think the Termis look great,and the wheels are awesome.:cool:
Gotta change the ex hanger for something lighter.
What are we talking there? around $6000

Super work...;)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
imho the best exhaust design so far...
I personally think the canisters should be higher. The top pipe should be right above the current top pipe and the lower pipe should be where the top pipe is currently.

It would show off the wheel better. I think QD's 1/2 system design will be much better.

-M

1 - 20 of 227 Posts