Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
The kit that came standard with my 1200.

·
Registered
663 Posts
To adjust the chain, I loosen the bolts and turn the chain guard. Am I missing something?

EDIT: yeah my mistake, it looks like the 821/939 don't have the outer chain guard.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Our original Corse Dynamic tool was designed like the OEM.

Anyone that has busted there knuckles when their wrench slipped or marred a wheel while turning a wrench will under stand the value of the Corse Dynamics tool.

The tool was created when we were working on a new 1098 with a tight eccentric. After busting several knuckles and scratching the OEM wheel,
our tech came up with an idea to make a tool that had several contact points that would not slip. It was the only way we could get the hub off.

The tool does not slip off and is much easier to use than the OEM or standard style wrenches. It has a very secure engagement. We use this tool a lot and sell it to many shops for that very reason. If you are adjusting the eccentric a lot or value your knuckles and wheel, I would get one of these.

-M

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tool does not slip off and is much easier to use than the OEM or standard style wrenches. It has a very secure engagement. We use this tool a lot and sell it to many shops for that very reason. If you are adjusting the eccentric a lot or value your knuckles and wheel, I would get one of these.

-M

Instead of a large wall of text, I will make this short.

This is not me bashing on your product. Just my own personal experience.

I have your tool. Tried it, did not like it. Phone calls were made and suggestions were given. Suggestions were followed. Still no luck. Told your tech that I would just go a different route. A refund was not offered nor was it asked for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my motomfg tool today. Works like you said. Thanks for the recommentations everybody

·
Registered
50 Posts
Only rarely does a better, more expensive, mousetrap perform better than the original. If you're busting yourself up with a standard tool, you're doing it wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts