Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We gave up on our original MFG who could never supply --we are just going to build them ourselves.

Plan is to build 18 of these because we need a couple for our project bikes.

This kit utilizes a standard H4 light, the H4 headlight offers great customization possibilites like high power PIAA bulbs, HI/LOW H4 HID kits, or just run the standard H4 bulb that is included with the kit.

If you are interested, please follow the link here:
MOTOWHEELS Headlight Conversion Kit
Group Buy Special - ETA of 9/25
If we get enough interest, we will build them

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picture of the headlight on a different bucket mounted on my Sport 1000

picture of it on a Monster with a carbon OEM style bucket:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Is the stock headlight in the US not H4? If it is already an h4, is there functional advantage to this conversion to a smaller lens?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The main reason we put together this so we can create the adapter kit which allows for a greater selection of headlights to be used in the OEM headlight bucket.

Some prefer this clear headlight because it works a little better. Some like the headlight for its clear lens which works a little better than the OEM fluted lens for HID conversions.

I'm planning to use an led headlamp with the adapter kit on our project bike.

It is a little pricey to create an effective group buy, but we can work out a price for anyone that is interested in the headlight upgrade.

MW Custom LED headlight 7 inch

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Maybe a better beam pattern? The factory beam has a lot of irregularities, I'd buy it if it were a higher quality lens.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm assuming it's adapting to a 7" headlight?
I'd be keen if it is however here in the land Down Under, we ride on the correct side of the road so our refraction is to the other side making the reflector illegal here.
However the adaptor ring alone allowing. 7" reflector to be used would be good as I have a couple of spare rear forms I bought for my '93 Range Rover Classic kicking around in my shed. I'm sure it would be easy to tussle up a few sales down here.

Sent thundering through my Termis!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm assuming it's adapting to a 7" headlight?
I'd be keen if it is however here in the land Down Under, we ride on the correct side of the road so our refraction is to the other side making the reflector illegal here.
However the adaptor ring alone allowing. 7" reflector to be used would be good as I have a couple of spare rear forms I bought for my '93 Range Rover Classic kicking around in my shed. I'm sure it would be easy to tussle up a few sales down here.

Sent thundering through my Termis!
The original plan was to make a run of just 18 as that is what the slab of material could produce. We have nearly all of them sold.

We could make more of the adapters and offer them separately if there is an interest. However, I've been told that these headlamps are not designed to be left or right drive. It does not have a cut-off to the beam.

-M

·
Vendor
423 Posts
The adapter rings will be available in black or silver. We just got some more sampels in today, so I will ahve a complete set of photos up tomorrow showing all the differences and options.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The adapter rings will be available in black or silver. We just got some more sampels in today, so I will ahve a complete set of photos up tomorrow showing all the differences and options.
I just placed my order. I would like mine in black please :)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you guys sell just the adapter ring?
Not with this run.

The material purchased could only run 18 pieces.
We only got16 (2 got scrapped) on this run. We bought a batch of headlights to get the price we needed to create this group buy - so we need to sell this batch as kits.

The first run of adpter rings will be black to make the anodizers minimum batch. It looks like we will be making another run of silver ones next.

·
Registered
465 Posts
OK, I just got the kit today. The adapter ring is nice, but how do you install the new headlight in the stock ring? I've got the stock headlamp removed and placed the new headling/ring in the stock chrome ring. It fits well, but the retention springs clearly will not work with the smaller headlight so I don't see how the headlamp gets secured in the bucket.

Lil' help?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
OK, I just got the kit today. The adapter ring is nice, but how do you install the new headlight in the stock ring? I've got the stock headlamp removed and placed the new headling/ring in the stock chrome ring. It fits well, but the retention springs clearly will not work with the smaller headlight so I don't see how the headlamp gets secured in the bucket.

Lil' help?
Go to the product page on the Motowheels website and look at the instruction PDF.

BTW, got mine today and it doesnt work with 2007-later SCs. Ducati changed the headlight design after 2006 and Matt is trying to formulate a solution. Will probably require a kit for the plastic version headlights (post 2006 versions).

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ah, bend the springs, simple enough. I actually went a step further and bent up my own springs from scratch using 1/16" stainless TIG rod. Came out really nice.

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts