Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Recently my 2004 749s got laid down and the right handlebar tube was bent. I was looking to replace it and noticed that Motowheels has carbon fiber handlebar tubes available...and I know nothing about them.

Are these reasonable for street use and are a straight drop-in to the mounting cuff? Or, are these simply very lightweight and fragile items designed for track use only? Could they accept a Rizoma handlebar endcap or would the expansion screw crack the carbon fiber when the screw was tightened?

Thanks!

The Tom

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Come on Moto, lets hear it. I am curious too.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The MW Carbon Fiber Handlebar Tube: Pair have proven to be more durable than the original aluminum bars. They are very thick pre-preg carbon pieces.

They are the same outside diameter as the OEM tubes. Not sure what you are trying to slide them into. The OEM clip-ons are basically one piece design- I don't think the OEM clip-ons accept replacement tubes. We have 53mm clip-ons that will accept the CF or aluminum replacement tubes.

MOTOWHEELS Billet Clip-on: 53mm

Inside diameter of the Carbon tube is a little smaller. I don't know what size the Rizoma piece is - but we have bar-ends that will fit. The carbon tubes come with bar ends pressed into them already- but you can replace them if you want

If you need someone to measure the CF tube's ID, send an email to [email protected] ( I'm away from the shop at the moment).

-M

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Will send in my order this weekend once I get back to my home in Virginia. Just the information I needed!

The Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts