Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 900SS FE is finally finished. We did not take a lot of photos during the build process but here it is:

Brembo GP radial brake and clutch master cylinders

Rizoma Large Billet Fluid Reservoir: Silver

Dzus fittings on the nose

CRG blindsight mirrors

Cycle Cat bar risers

Cycle Cat bar ends designed for CRG mirrors

ZG "ST" Windscreen: SS '91-98

Titanium windscreen fasteners

Clear Turn Signal Covers

CF gauge cover

CF fuel cap ring

Billet quick release cap

Billet steer tube nut

Ariete one way fuel breather

DP CF Fuel Tank

DP CF Nose Fairing

·
Registered
16,908 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Nice bike Martin. To think I could have bought one of those in 04 in mint condition with 1,400 miles on it. At that time the older gentleman wanted $6.5K for it, over my budget. I really like the 900FE. Those older SSs have character.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Wow!- great job, thats an awesome SS. Do you have any idea how much weight you removed?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most of the bikes that we have done basically the same things to end up saving 50-70 lbs. This bike feels extremely light. My guess is it is about 65 lbs less than stock.

We hope to get this bike on scale soon.

-M

·
Registered
1 Posts
900ss clear turn signals

Hi
can you tell me where i can get hold of clear front turn signals for 1997 ss carbs?
i have also been offered some magnesium dymags and also a set of carbon/magnesium dymags... the latter one's have never been mounted but need new bearings as they are for a monster, any advice?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have not been able to get any more clear turn signals for the SS.

The rear wheel is very difficult to convert over from 25mm to 17mm as it requires spacers and bearings for the sprocket carrier and brake mount side as well.
The front is more simple. You can swap the 25mm bearings to 20mm but must make an inner support spacer. You will also need to use the late model speedo drive and modify it to read correctly.

Unless you can do this your self, you might be better off getting the correct wheels. The rear is especially difficult.

-M

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have not been able to get any more clear turn signals for the SS....
-M
Awwww... I seen those and got sooooo excited! :(
Is there a possible future ETA on those?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Moto, do you have the dyna coil kit? If you do does it fit/match with the drycell battery? I want to get one.

Gerard

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moto, do you have the dyna coil kit? If you do does it fit/match with the drycell battery? I want to get one.

Gerard
The bike has two coils due to the dual plug heads. The Odysey drycell battery still fits no problem.

-M

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
The bike has two coils due to the dual plug heads. The Odysey drycell battery still fits no problem.

-M
Who did the dual plug conversion on this bike? I can't see the other plugs in the photos. I've heard that this conversion can give some more hp.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts