Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just put these on our bike. They fit very well and the finish is excellent. Made in the USA. They come as a complete kit with Oil, Radiator and Chain Case Guards in Black, Titanium, Red, Silver. Cox makes them for the 848 as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ha! As if a rock would hit the radiator, or something.

Inconceivable! :)

·
Site Sponsor & Senior Member
193 Posts
well actually,
they are a little more than that to make.

a motor journalist, buddy with a Millie, summed it this way,

"Every bike I own gets your guards on it,
the radiator is 1500-2000k,
its in Italy, and they have not made it yet"

To the our customers,
who appreciate cheap insurance and peace of mind,
Handmade Quality, produced in the US.

Thank you!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have these on my bike, highly recommended if you want to keep your lower radiator from getting bunged up.

·
193 Posts
Thanks Bong,
&

nice avatar,
did you get away with a warning, hopefully..

·
Registered
262 Posts
No warning...but there is a beautiful thing in Utah called Plea in Abeyance. Online course, pay the fee, don't get another ticket in UT for 12 months and the whole thing never happened! :)

Btw I haven't installed the case guards yet but will do so this weekend. The radiator guards are well made and fit perfectly. Do you make one for the 1098?

·
193 Posts
excellent, thats the same only different, mostly- jkg

One time, we were stop by a US Forest Ranger, and County Sheriff.
and one of my buddies, asked if we could have the forest ranger ticket instead?
"yes, she said". huh?,
(in Oregon US Forest Rangers road fees were not connected to DMV. Good to know I thought)

yes
and for 1098/ 1198 sets are 114.95
113-15321 silver
113-15322 red
113-15323 titanium color
113-15324 black
113-15326 orange - speedymotor color
113-15327 gold

includes the radiator guard, oil cooler screen and chain case guard.

Motovation, is doing a good job, stocking our products line be sure to check with them.

again, Thanks you!

·
193 Posts
Attaching points

4 zip ties for the upper radiator,
2 zip ties for the lower radiator

The lower radiator guards has to brackets that to to the rear of the cooler, then uses zip ties at the top.
On the bottom, it has two brackets or fingers, that go across the bottom of the cooler and up the back, to hold the bottom lower radiator,

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Hopefully they don't make the engine run too much warmer with the reduced airflow through the radiator. Given that they are so expensive to replace, this is probably cheap insurance.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hopefully they don't make the engine run too much warmer with the reduced airflow through the radiator. Given that they are so expensive to replace, this is probably cheap insurance.
Mine seems to run a bit warmer with guards, but nothing to be concerned about thus far...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I put the radiator guards on with no problem - didn't even have to remove the lower fairing. But the case guard looks like I'll have to remove the clutch slave to install it, right?

·
193 Posts
Thats correct,
best to remove the Clutch Slave,
just loosen it up, set it to the side.
No need to disconect the clutch line.

Thank you!

·
Registered
118 Posts
We just put these on our bike. They fit very well and the finish is excellent. Made in the USA. They come as a complete kit with Oil, Radiator and Chain Case Guards in Black, Titanium, Red, Silver. Cox makes them for the 848 as well.

I believe I'll pop by tomorrow for a set--glad I saw this. jack

1 - 20 of 21 Posts