Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone so I need to vent. Sorry.

I have been ordering my moto needs from motosport for the last couple of years without a problem. I am returning an item and wow, what a bunch of scumbags. Without going into too much detail. I ordered an item saturday night online and realized it was the wrong item. I sent an email directly from my invoice sunday morning to cancel the order. I also tried to call but they are closed sunday. Today is tuesday and I get a shipping confirmation of the order I thought I canceled. I called and told them what happened and they refuse to refund the shipping charges. Of course they will accept the item back but will not refund me the shipping. They say they have not read the email yet, fair enough. It seems to me like a reasonable error to make on their part. The company has a lot of moving parts. Though I was surprised at their stance. I got pretty mad on the phone after a while. I though they could meet me half way. I called the guy a "snot face" and he hung up on me. Oh well. :eek: I know that is very 5th grade of me, but I was doing everything I could not to drop the f bomb about a thousand times.

They just lost me as a customer over $20. They should have checked my order history.

ps. I ordered the correct item from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/
and they sent me $40.00 towards my next order. "play zen music now"

Venting Done!
:abduct:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found cyclegear or bikebandit to be best overall. Have used motosport also, but they're just not as good as the two above IMO.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, in such as tough economy, I would think companies would be working harder to please their loyal few. I have recently found a lot of incompetence in the "sales" world. Well, more than usual. You would think people would be hungry to please their clients. In my own business I am asking my staff to be nicer and try and please the customer. I eat shipping costs all the time. If the fault lies with the customer, my staff, or me, I will eat the shipping. Just a way to keep business. Here is a cheesy "line" I learned in college, but it really applies.

"80% of your sales come from 20% of your customers"

by by motosport :crazy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Let me shed some light on the real situation as I am the sales associate that
"papawheelie" spoke to at MotoSport. He called in to us on Tuesday after receiving a shipment conformation e-mail that his order had shipped. Now if he did in fact receive this e-mail on Tuesday morning at 2am I apologize and am not sure what the delay was with the e-mail. The tracking number that was provided to the customer in that e-mail also showed that the pants were out for delivery 8-25-09 Tuesday getting what he paid for as Next Day Air. As stated in his post our call center is closed on Sunday and we return Monday morning. Now our hours of operation for the contact center are Mon-Fri 5am-7pm and Sat 6am-4pm Pacific standard time. Our distribution center being on the East coast means it will open and start operating before any of our sales/customer service agents arrive at 5am. Thus causing the order to get out the door before anyone would have been able to read his e-mail.

We strive to have a very fast and accurate shipping so the customer gets His/Her parts before the next ride. We will always try to work with the customer to make the situation right as we do value our customers and enjoy helping out. But in this instance we are not responsible for what the customer orders over the web. He placed his order as a next day shipment which on our end is very high priority to ship out. That is the service he got and payed for.

Once again we do value our customers and hope we can do business with "PapaWheelie" in the future.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion about this whole ordeal. And if any of you need help with anything we are more than happy to help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts